fly through Atlantic ocean

Hi Some guys has mentioned some people can make their robot plane to fly through the Atlantic ocean. Can that airplane able to transfer back
the image in real time, i guess it can't, otherwise, it is a top-missile. Does that project have a website?
thanks from Peter ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)
On 30 Nov 2006 02:03:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Here's the site of the first (and as far as I know the only, so far) model airplane to fly across the Atlantic. It was widely discussed on many newsgroups when it succeeded in 2003:
http://tam.plannet21.com /

There's very neat. I had no idea a plane so small could carry enough fuel to run for 38 hours and make it across the Atlantic! I would have guessed it would have been done with a solar powered model plane.
Who who's going to build a land based robot to travel across the country on it's own? Or a boat to sail itself around the world?
--
Curt Welch http://CurtWelch.Com /
Curt Welch wrote:

Facinating questions/suggests Curt. There are still many ways one can distinguish themselves in robotics. Opportunities for world records abound.
-- Randy M. Dumse www.newmicros.com Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear.
On 01 Dec 2006 02:14:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@kcwc.com (Curt Welch) wrote:

http://www.ensica.fr/microtransat/Iboat/index.htm http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~br/CbotWeb/rb98.html http://engsoc.queensu.ca/sailboat / http://taros.mech.surrey.ac.uk/papers/Sauze_Neal.pdf
People are certainly trying...
Later, Jon
-------------------------------------------------------------- Jon Hylands snipped-for-privacy@huv.com http://www.huv.com/jon
Project: Micro Seeker (Micro Autonomous Underwater Vehicle) http://www.huv.com

Very cool!
--
Curt Welch http://CurtWelch.Com /
Ben Bradley wrote:

Hi, These guys did it a few years before Maynard Hill's crew did, but the plane weighed too much to be called a model: http://www.insitu.com
As I remember, it was only about 10 pounds over the the definition.
Bob