Good groups besides C.R.M. ?

Hi all,

Mentoring a kid on the opposite side of the country, hoping to help him with an application to a special tech program for the summer. Looking for quality Usenet groups. I only hang out here, so I have no knowledge of other useful usenet groups.

Any personal experience with the other electronics etc groups?

Mike

Reply to
blueeyedpop

"blueeyedpop" wrote in news:2tCvd.59591$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

At work I subscribed to sci.elecronics.repairs or something like that - worth a look. Since retiring I just lurk on comp.robotics ;-) Phil

Reply to
Phil Kempster

Below are the elecronics groups I follow. The bottom group has a lot of info on mechanical gizmos.

sci.electronics.basics sci.electronics.design rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Perhaps comp.arch.embedded (and the somewhat less visited group alt.microcontrollers.8bit).

Reply to
Rich Webb