Good groups besides C.R.M. ?

Hi all,
Mentoring a kid on the opposite side of the country, hoping to help him with an application to a special tech program for the summer.
Looking for quality Usenet groups. I only hang out here, so I have no knowledge of other useful usenet groups.
Any personal experience with the other electronics etc groups?
Mike

At work I subscribed to sci.elecronics.repairs or something like that - worth a look. Since retiring I just lurk on comp.robotics ;-) Phil
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:07:58 GMT, "blueeyedpop"

Below are the elecronics groups I follow. The bottom group has a lot of info on mechanical gizmos.
sci.electronics.basics sci.electronics.design rec.crafts.metalworking
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:07:58 GMT, "blueeyedpop"

Perhaps comp.arch.embedded (and the somewhat less visited group alt.microcontrollers.8bit).
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA