how do I become an integrator?

Hello. I work for a CNC sales and service company as an applications engineer. Until now we have contracted robotic itegrators to build 6
axis loading systems for us. They have now tasked me with becoming a qualified integrator so that this work can be done internally. I will be training with robot and PLC manufactures but if anyone can offer any insight as to what I will need to learn, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.