ICC11 for Talrik 2 Help!

Hi,
I have just finished building TALRIK 2 and want to program it. I am trying to work around buying the software from the vendor. I am using
the demo version of ICC11 and dont know how to access the sensors and motors without using the header files and libraries that the manual talks about. Is it possible to program the robot without them? It might be the case that I dont understand something here, But I would love to have some tips on programming with ICC11.
Thanks Gopika