Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004

Reply to
Seventh Book

God you are clueless. The first clue you are an idiot is that you use NASA as a noun. This isn't some sci-fi fantasy or computer game. The people involved a real, I can assure you. When it comes to the science team, they are real scientists--individuals who make a difference in the real world, unlike you and unlike the idiot with the trilobites.

Go back to the sci-fi channel where you belong. The real world just isn't good enough for you. Or is it the other way around... I'll see you on the street (you'll be the one mumbling to yourself).

Another *PLONK* for another loser.

And if you are just trolling, I hope you enjoyed the show. So you are a lonely loser idiot then with nothing better to do. Either way I'm not going to be reading your response.

Reply to
Greg Crinklaw

well that is one out of the way.........serveral thousand to go........and i thought this was gonna be a bad day.

for more info on the trilobites please to go

where you will see a trilobite.....and a terrestial one next to it....now tell me that isnt one ......oh wait you will cause your degree will not let you chang your mind......* george* and Greg dear.....with all your two brains cells put together i find it hard to beleive that your still active......and not some scientist guinie pig......oh wait maybe you were that is why you are the way you are......cant blame genetics /or can we ? well whatever the case your a sad human specimen

Reply to
Seventh Book

Reply to
George

For information on how to classify fossils, how to describe them, report their discovery, and get them accepted by the scientific community, I address your attention to the following abstract. If you are a dues-paying member, you can read the entire report:

Try getting you "trilobite accepted in any professional publication. I'll stand aside and laugh while you try.

Reply to
George

Sad. BTW, there;'s a new movie you should see - Thunderstruck.

Reply to
ILT

Yeah, It's amazing how many uninformed followers certain kooks can get - remember Jim Jones?

Reply to
Jerry Petrey

"Jerry Petrey @raytheon.com>"

Reply to
George

Are you talking about ACDC, or what? I haven't heard of this movie.

Reply to
George

On a sunny day (Fri, 14 May 2004 03:41:27 -0400) it happened "George" wrote in :

I dunno about trilobites, but LIFE is on mars. The pics show it. You must be braindead not to see it. So, LIFE is on mars, not in you then, seems you have a problem ;-) Geology my foot, I am posting from sci.astro Why quote all previous posts? A true geologist would think 3 times, and REALLY look at the pics before he made statements that there was no LIFE on mars. And a good scientist would have arguments (you do not provide any), in stead of insults. So I agree with the previous poster that you need to get a LIFE ;-) JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

You are out of your mind. Get new glasses. Change your medication. Whatever it takes. The pictures have not proved that there is life on Mars.

You probably see Lucy Lawless in ink blots too. Right?

Yes, sci.astro, and alt.sci.planetary, and sci.geo.geology, and comp.robotics.misc.

I didn't say that there was no life on Mars. Quit putting words in my mouth. I said that trilobites and sponges do not, nor have they ever existed on Mars. And I said that the MER photographs have not proven that life currently exists on Mars, or has existed in the past in the form of fossils.

Well. I'm, waiting. Where is your argument? You are making the claim that there is life ion Mars. Well? Where is it? I provide the insults because you are not a geologist, nor a biologist, and have no idea what you are talking about.

Reply to
George

well i want to read one of your articals from this supposedly Mag that you claim you wrote for. hmmm

i did do a search on the net and your name never came up why is that george?

i dont claim to be anything but an observer and i can see with my own eyes. i dont beleive in things without facts behind it. aside from all the other inputs here i find myself really biting the bit. i have never nor will i ever see how some humans beings CANT SEE THE FOREST FOR THE TREES...went to a site that NASA astrophysic guys. said that Mars did grow along with the earth and life was there but the planet died out.....you can find it on the net like i did. but then are you that gullible to just stay in your own head...and that statement was from NASA it self.so more the fool is someone so full of themselves they are blind.. all the images of the trilobites on this page

is tracable to other web pages for verifing.but then you open your mouth before you get all the facts which the site says they got it from. of course you will call anyone a liar because you are always right......some low self esteem issues i see ......and controling issues too ..

Reply to
Seventh Book

Based on what? Pictures? Are you crazy? Bring us a rock with a trilobyte. Then you have proof. Until then, you have evidence. Rather flimsy at that. Wishing for life on Mars doesn't make it so.

By the way. Is SIR George actualy a Knight? I've been wondering that.

chris in napa

Reply to
chris

My bad. I meant Sir Charles. Seriously. Are you really a knight?

chris >>

Reply to
chris

Kentucky Colonel.

Reply to
George

Supposed? The Journal of Paleontology is a "supposed" magazine? I think you should go to school and take about nine years of college before you try to say that that respected magazine doesn't exist. And even if you did, you'd still be wrong.

Why? Because my real name is not George. I don't use my real name because

1) I don't like spam 2) I don't like to be harrassed by e-mail from idiots who don't have a clue, and 3) If you need to know, I will tell you. Since you are not a professional, and don't have a clue, you don't need to know.

But trust me, I am one of the three authors of the paper for which I provided you a link. There are people posting here who know me, and will vouch for me.

That is good that you don't, because you are already making a big enough fool out of yourself. I'd hate to see you laughed out of the profession for making such unsubstantiated claims.

And what, exactly, do you think you see?

Yet you believe in trilobites and sponges on Mars? Your credibility just went out the door.

You are sadly mistaken. No NASA scientist has ever said that life DID/DOES exist on Mars. (There was a claim a few years ago based on a meteorite, a claim that is heavily contested by the scientific establishment. The authors of that paper have even stated that it may or may not be life.) They may well have said it is possible (which is why we are interested in Mars in the first place). They never said that it actually occurred, or that current life is actually present. Show me a NASA web site, not some loser's web site, where they say that life exists or did exist on Mars. Then show me the professional paper written and published by a known NASA researcher where they detailed the evidence that life exists, or existed on Mars. There have been papers written that suggest that the conditions for life may have existed. The current Mars rover data even indicates that this may be the case. But to stretch the data to make an interpretation that the data is actually saying that life existed, or that is currently exists there is, well quite a stretch, to say the lease. You will not find a paper that makes this claim because such a paper doesn't exist. I also find it interesting that you make a claim that NASA said that life "was there but died out", yet make no effort to provide any proof of that claim. That is a typical troll ploy. Nice try. You are fooling no one.

Reply to
George

George i will not make it easy for you ...you go look yourself...but you want the easy way out that tells me alot about you . .and i dont need to prove jack shit . for i dont have anything to loose but you on the other hand do. anyways here is the site again for that trilobite....something that poor george cant see ...

Seventh Book

Seventh Book bored us with:

It is "lose" and you're correct, you don't have to prove anything else to anyone on this list. You're quite obviously an idiot.

WTH

Reply to
WTH

On a sunny day (Fri, 14 May 2004 18:01:17 -0400) it happened "George" wrote in :

OK, apologies if you were not the one who said 'no life on mars', because I thought that sort of came from many of your previous posts. I say life because of observation. Please look at the following 2 pics and explain the roots in the first one,

the concentric circles of detoriated mushrooms (you will want to say objects likely), and go into any forest in a damp place and remember this pic, then come back and look at his one:
Note the star like root formation where once a mushroom was 'connected' (or object if you like). Now explain the roots, the circles, the object itself, with an other theory then growing mushrooms, I will read what you write. JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Seventh Book" skrev i en meddelelse news:pjjpc.552453$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

That fossils is the domain of geologists does not seem to scare you off in your loose claims. We've had a long hard discussion about life on Mars long before you joined. Give us one reason to take it once more, except to enlighten your ignorance.

If you have some geology/skilled background we can make a proper discussion. The manganese nodules that populate oceanfloors are suspected to have some biological affinity, but no one can find it - until then, it cannot be considered an expression of life. Noone blame you for suspecting the blueberries to have some biogene affinity too ... we just look forward to see what you can add to reveal the mystery.

If you spent your whole life on fossils... go professional and use your signature on a paper to confirm to all, that your take responsibility for the truth of blueberry- or trilobite-life on Mars.

You reference the very elaborate pages of Chip Shults. My professional caution says maybe, my personal opinion says no way, ever! I spent quite some time on fossils myself. I have seen thousands of blueberry-individuals from pictures sent back from Mars.... and Chip Shults still ask me to take a step back and squint my eyes to blur the details to percept the true likeness to an Earth equivalent. If there has not yet been found details for any child not to mistake from these thousands and thousands of individuals (of alleged macro body fossils) then it's because it is not there. It may still be a life-expression on the same level as can be hypnotized for the manganese nodules. It would be interesting to see results on elaborations on such a hypothesis ... I guess that you figured out for yourself the problems in reaching a solid conclusion on that front.

Carsten

PS I'll take this online opportunity to post images of a small rock from my collection to show you all a peculiarity of some of the Martian rocks. April

28 Opportunity was working on the rock on the below link.

In particular the periphery reveals the hedgehog protrusions of 'blueberries' still sticking to the rock through their 'stems'. That's a somewhat conspicuous character of a rock not often or ever seen on Earth. By coincidence I have this rock that possesses some of the same quality. You may have to cut'n paste the url. The images are named Hedgehog 1 and 2 and seems to appear when their link is pressed on this side.

This may be direct links that work. Both of the images are enlarged to 200% ... The rock is approx 2 cm high.

?profile=geologicamshots&UID=10065 I picked it up on the beachfront near the Trodos Massif on Cyprus. As you can see for yourself, the distinct character of the morphology of the rock is a result of erosion. I expect it to be a very fine-grained volcanic extrusive rock (lava) with crystallizations (SiO2 glass?) in the vesicular cavities. As with the 'blueberries' the crystallizations are much harder than the matrix rock and this difference apparently are capable of producing this kind of odd appearance.

Reply to
Carsten Troelsgaard