Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004

of
doing
radio...
DO
I'm
you
KNOW
you
the
you
sad
be
doesnt matter.....at all. in fact i bank on your comments.......keeps me going......i have found something that makes me tingle and that is reading what you have to say....one thing is true tho your not open minded at all and its true you dont beleive anything unless you think of it first....... but if you think i am a raving lunitic why are you posting to me ? that doesnt make since even to one that is sane like i am.....your slacking there ole georgy ...and yes that is a trilobite didnt need your approval after all .......but nice of you to object anyways....... :) keep up the good work.....it will fall to naught in the end..... http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm look at the bottom of the page there georgy baby.........think you will be surprised.....but then again maybe not......your so cock sure of yourself........well maybe not cocked sure .........you could be a female....LOL
message

I can't say that I disagree with you.

So is Venus. Proximity means nothing without hard evidence. Ink blots don't prove much.

You "floor" easily.

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Sad. BTW, there;'s a new movie you should see - Thunderstruck.

Are you talking about ACDC, or what? I haven't heard of this movie.
Seventh Book wrote:

God you are clueless. The first clue you are an idiot is that you use NASA as a noun. This isn't some sci-fi fantasy or computer game. The people involved a real, I can assure you. When it comes to the science team, they are real scientists--individuals who make a difference in the real world, unlike you and unlike the idiot with the trilobites.
Go back to the sci-fi channel where you belong. The real world just isn't good enough for you. Or is it the other way around... I'll see you on the street (you'll be the one mumbling to yourself).
Another *PLONK* for another loser.
And if you are just trolling, I hope you enjoyed the show. So you are a lonely loser idiot then with nothing better to do. Either way I'm not going to be reading your response.
well that is one out of the way.........serveral thousand to go........and i thought this was gonna be a bad day.
for more info on the trilobites please to go http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm
where you will see a trilobite.....and a terrestial one next to it....now tell me that isnt one ......oh wait you will cause your degree will not let you chang your mind......* george* and Greg dear.....with all your two brains cells put together i find it hard to beleive that your still active......and not some scientist guinie pig......oh wait maybe you were that is why you are the way you are......cant blame genetics /or can we ? well whatever the case your a sad human specimen

For information on how to classify fossils, how to describe them, report their discovery, and get them accepted by the scientific community, I address your attention to the following abstract. If you are a dues-paying member, you can read the entire report:
http://www.bioone.org/bioone/?request=get-abstract&issn 22-3360&volume4&issue&page72
Try getting you "trilobite accepted in any professional publication. I'll stand aside and laugh while you try.
well i want to read one of your articals from this supposedly Mag that you claim you wrote for. hmmm
i did do a search on the net and your name never came up why is that george?
i dont claim to be anything but an observer and i can see with my own eyes. i dont beleive in things without facts behind it. aside from all the other inputs here i find myself really biting the bit. i have never nor will i ever see how some humans beings CANT SEE THE FOREST FOR THE TREES...went to a site that NASA astrophysic guys. said that Mars did grow along with the earth and life was there but the planet died out.....you can find it on the net like i did. but then are you that gullible to just stay in your own head...and that statement was from NASA it self.so more the fool is someone so full of themselves they are blind.. all the images of the trilobites on this page http://www.xenotechresearch.com is tracable to other web pages for verifing.but then you open your mouth before you get all the facts which the site says they got it from. of course you will call anyone a liar because you are always right......some low self esteem issues i see ......and controling issues too ..

Supposed? The Journal of Paleontology is a "supposed" magazine? I think you should go to school and take about nine years of college before you try to say that that respected magazine doesn't exist. And even if you did, you'd still be wrong.

Why? Because my real name is not George. I don't use my real name because 1) I don't like spam 2) I don't like to be harrassed by e-mail from idiots who don't have a clue, and 3) If you need to know, I will tell you. Since you are not a professional, and don't have a clue, you don't need to know.
But trust me, I am one of the three authors of the paper for which I provided you a link. There are people posting here who know me, and will vouch for me.

That is good that you don't, because you are already making a big enough fool out of yourself. I'd hate to see you laughed out of the profession for making such unsubstantiated claims.

And what, exactly, do you think you see?

Yet you believe in trilobites and sponges on Mars? Your credibility just went out the door.

You are sadly mistaken. No NASA scientist has ever said that life DID/DOES exist on Mars. (There was a claim a few years ago based on a meteorite, a claim that is heavily contested by the scientific establishment. The authors of that paper have even stated that it may or may not be life.) They may well have said it is possible (which is why we are interested in Mars in the first place). They never said that it actually occurred, or that current life is actually present. Show me a NASA web site, not some loser's web site, where they say that life exists or did exist on Mars. Then show me the professional paper written and published by a known NASA researcher where they detailed the evidence that life exists, or existed on Mars. There have been papers written that suggest that the conditions for life may have existed. The current Mars rover data even indicates that this may be the case. But to stretch the data to make an interpretation that the data is actually saying that life existed, or that is currently exists there is, well quite a stretch, to say the lease. You will not find a paper that makes this claim because such a paper doesn't exist. I also find it interesting that you make a claim that NASA said that life "was there but died out", yet make no effort to provide any proof of that claim. That is a typical troll ploy. Nice try. You are fooling no one.
George i will not make it easy for you ...you go look yourself...but you want the easy way out that tells me alot about you . .and i dont need to prove jack shit . for i dont have anything to loose but you on the other hand do. anyways here is the site again for that trilobite....something that poor george cant see ...http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm

It is "lose" and you're correct, you don't have to prove anything else to anyone on this list. You're quite obviously an idiot.
WTH

that
That fossils is the domain of geologists does not seem to scare you off in your loose claims. We've had a long hard discussion about life on Mars long before you joined. Give us one reason to take it once more, except to enlighten your ignorance.
If you have some geology/skilled background we can make a proper discussion. The manganese nodules that populate oceanfloors are suspected to have some biological affinity, but no one can find it - until then, it cannot be considered an expression of life. Noone blame you for suspecting the blueberries to have some biogene affinity too ... we just look forward to see what you can add to reveal the mystery.
If you spent your whole life on fossils... go professional and use your signature on a paper to confirm to all, that your take responsibility for the truth of blueberry- or trilobite-life on Mars.
You reference the very elaborate pages of Chip Shults. My professional caution says maybe, my personal opinion says no way, ever! I spent quite some time on fossils myself. I have seen thousands of blueberry-individuals from pictures sent back from Mars.... and Chip Shults still ask me to take a step back and squint my eyes to blur the details to percept the true likeness to an Earth equivalent. If there has not yet been found details for any child not to mistake from these thousands and thousands of individuals (of alleged macro body fossils) then it's because it is not there. It may still be a life-expression on the same level as can be hypnotized for the manganese nodules. It would be interesting to see results on elaborations on such a hypothesis ... I guess that you figured out for yourself the problems in reaching a solid conclusion on that front.
Carsten
PS I'll take this online opportunity to post images of a small rock from my collection to show you all a peculiarity of some of the Martian rocks. April 28 Opportunity was working on the rock on the below link.
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040428a/11-SM-04-PreRat-B093R1_br.jpg
In particular the periphery reveals the hedgehog protrusions of 'blueberries' still sticking to the rock through their 'stems'. That's a somewhat conspicuous character of a rock not often or ever seen on Earth. By coincidence I have this rock that possesses some of the same quality. You may have to cut'n paste the url. The images are named Hedgehog 1 and 2 and seems to appear when their link is pressed on this side.
http://www.sitecenter.dk/geocsite/geologicamshots /
This may be direct links that work. Both of the images are enlarged to 200% ... The rock is approx 2 cm high.
http://www.sitecenter.dk/geocsite/geologicamshots/view.nhtml?profile=geologicamshots&UID 064 http://www.sitecenter.dk/geocsite/geologicamshots/view.nhtml?profile=geologicamshots&UID 065
I picked it up on the beachfront near the Trodos Massif on Cyprus. As you can see for yourself, the distinct character of the morphology of the rock is a result of erosion. I expect it to be a very fine-grained volcanic extrusive rock (lava) with crystallizations (SiO2 glass?) in the vesicular cavities. As with the 'blueberries' the crystallizations are much harder than the matrix rock and this difference apparently are capable of producing this kind of odd appearance.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040428a/11-SM-04-PreRat-B093R1_br.jpg
http://www.sitecenter.dk/geocsite/geologicamshots/view.nhtml?profile=geologicamshots&UID 064
http://www.sitecenter.dk/geocsite/geologicamshots/view.nhtml?profile=geologicamshots&UID 065
Carlsten: The rock that his allaeged trilobite is in is a sherghottite meteorite, consisting of pysroxene and some plagioclase, with another unidentified mineral embedded in ot. Please tell him that this rock could not have fromed in a sedimentary environment, and why that cannot, therefore, be a trilobite?
snip

not
be a

Don't worry George. Who on earth are they going to convince anything? And why bother to convert their beliefs? What's the word ... you can pull the horse to the trough, but you cannot force it to drink ... or something like that. By the way, I have a Cretacious flintnodule that looks like a cows-head. Doesn't that shake up the tree of evolution quite a bit? George, you've been here for too long to bother.
Carsten

could
therefore,
like
George,
course to george which i dont think will share his seat with anyone ........i need convincing.....well even Sir Charles Shults couldnt convince me to go his way if i didnt agree with what he has done .....so much for your input now go back under the rock you troll.

Great, you've come to the right place. Convince!

He has done a homepage and tabulated obscure observations. I agree on that too.

I may take your guidance should I ever go deaf, dumb and blind. You've avoided to respond to my reply on your post. I'll take that as your recognition of your inferior experience in the field. Why should we take a note on your personal convictions, your political wrants and general insolence? If it's time for a therapeutic session then invite your clients into your own forum. If you are observant you should be able to spot a dog in a bowlingalley - take a look in the mirror - or contribute on geology.

of

Don't take our word for it. Take JPLs:
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040414a.html

could
therefore,
like
George,
to quote Herbert Spencer:
" There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is CONTEMPT PRIOR TO INVESTAGATION--

and that is what you have been doing since Sir Charles W. Shutls III posted his website.