Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004

So what?

Reply to
George

:

your either stuck on earth with a christain slant 'omg there cant be no life elsewhere, we are it. we are the only inteligent ones there are' sad.....you know ........that your type of christian is so narrow in its view........or your just so old your closed minded about any thing remotly sugesting life out there in the stars........and that is stupid. as well as your claiming to be a published person ...i am too ....and i was intertaining the thought of sharing with you one of them but i shall not as i havent boasted about it .....and i shall not share something that is precious to me with a jerk like you. ......anyways........here is the trilobite you swear isnt on mars.......

and so the saga continues......does SeventhBook./ Sadler get to poor georgy baby or not........will he cointinue to take the stances against true science........and will he eat his hat and published stuff after all is said and done....?? only the shadow knows.......

Reply to
Seventh Book

better eat right georgy you have said that more then once here and no one has ever mentioned sponges....

here take a b+ will help your over active brain cell there dude......

Reply to
Seventh Book

Hey I'm a lefty and I think you guys are nuts.

(However, I did think I saw Che Gueverra's image in one of the rocks though)

chris > On a sunny day (Wed, 26 May 2004 01:38:44 -0400) it happened "George" > wrote in :

Reply to
chris

In regards the Martian meteorite, I will point out that one of the arguments against the forms seen in that rock being fossilized bacteria was that they were so small. It was argued that they could not be fossilized bacteria because most known bacteria are much larger.

Well, the discovery in Greenland of viable (though frozen) bacteria (at the bottom of an ice core that is estimated to be mroe than 120,000 years old) that seem to have adapted to the nutrient-poor, frozen conditions by becoming *very* small (like smaller than .2 microns) would, I think, tend to place a little weight on the side of the possibility that the forms in the Martian meteorite are, indeed, fossilized bacteria.

Oh, and George? While I know you're having fun tweaking the noses of the idiots, it's getting old to some of the rest of us. Just killfile the idiots, or stop replying to them, so I don't have to read their idiocy as quoted in your responses. After all, you've more than proven that they are incapable of hearing or relating to reality... it's obvious to anyone whose respect you might ever want to have. It's time to let silence rule, dont'cha think? After all, they only make these outlandish claims because they seek attention -- and you're giving them that.

Doug snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.mn.rr.com

Reply to
Doug...

well you read it and replied tho doug your just as courious as we all about all this stuff......and i am glad you said something in regaurds to the POSSIBLITY of some kind of micro life on Mars.....thank you for your input as for the rest i will disregard it .as always.......thank you again

Reply to
Seventh Book

:
Reply to
Seventh Book

Geore, George, George... most of these nuts are just looking for attention. By giving them a good argument instead of just kill-filing them you are giving them exactly what they desire most.

And take it from someone who learned this lesson the hard way a long time ago: if you keep arguing with these people before long it becomes difficult to tell which one's the idiot... :-) do us all a favor and PLONK the dorks.

Reply to
Greg Crinklaw

Let me rephrase that. What an amazing insight into the mind of a raving lunatic. You should be proud, Ms. Sadler!

Reply to
George

How convenient for you. Publishing a kook blog site on the internet does not make you published in scientific journals. I could publish a web site claiming to have irrefutable evidence that Mickey Mouse has a condo on Uranus and would look ever bit the kook that you appear to be. And would be just as completely wrong.

Let me guess. Jean Paul Turdhard is your mentor, right?

First of all, la dorka, I am an aethiest. Secondly, yes I AM saying that there are no trilobites on Mars. I am also saying that it is highly unlikely that there have ever been any trilobites on Mars. My refutation of your claim has nothing to do with having a closed mind. On the contrary, the fact that you insist that it is true despite the fact that you present no reasonable, nor any substantiated evidence to support the claim, and deny the existence of reasonable and substantiated exidence against such a claim, is all the justification I need to conclude that you are a kook. The fact that it is my considered scientific opinion that there is not, nor has there ever been trilobites on Mars in no way implies that I also believe that there has never been life on Mars. Nothing could be further from the truth. The fact is, I think that there is a good possiblity that life once existed on Mars. Although the evidence is much more tenuous, there is also reason to believe that life could still exist on Mars. But that belief has nothing to do with the cold, hard fact that it is not only unlikely that trilobites exist or have ever existed on Mars, but that it is an impossibility that they exist or ever existed on Mars.

Reply to
George

Read my earlier post about the Martian meteorite. And do tell me how this meteorite confirms that TRILOBITES exist or have ever existed on Mars. Remember the argument about trilobites? Please do try to stay on topic.

Reply to
George

Whether or not you believe me is of no consequence to me. I have been posting here long enough that there are people here who know who I am. If you want to see one of my publications, I can provide you with a link to one of the abstracts. If you want to read the entire article, I am afraid you are going to have to dish out some money for a subscription to the Journal of Paleontology, because they don't release those publications for free. You could, if you are curious enough, go to any college library and will likely find the article in question:

So, Ms. Sadler, since degree waving seems to be a particular crutch for you, what credentials make you an expert at anything related to geology, paleontology, or any other science?

Reply to
George

I mentioned sponges because there is another troll here who is claiming that the spherules are sponges, so I naturally lumped your ludicrous claim in with his. Kooks like you two must stick together, after all!

Reply to
George

Enough said. You are the second to ask me to do that. Done.

Reply to
George

I saw that. I thought it looked more like the little yellow smiley face you see on campaign buttons. Either that, or bozo the clown.

Reply to
George

doesnt matter.....at all. in fact i bank on your comments.......keeps me going......i have found something that makes me tingle and that is reading what you have to say....one thing is true tho your not open minded at all and its true you dont beleive anything unless you think of it first....... but if you think i am a raving lunitic why are you posting to me ? that doesnt make since even to one that is sane like i am.....your slacking there ole georgy ...and yes that is a trilobite didnt need your approval after all .......but nice of you to object anyways....... :) keep up the good work.....it will fall to naught in the end.....

look at the bottom of the page there georgy baby.........think you will be surprised.....but then again maybe not......your so c*ck sure of yourself........well maybe not cocked sure .........you could be a female....LOL

Reply to
Seventh Book

the truth about any of this ....ok? your jsut talking crap to me right now till i see a few of the those articles you said you wrote i will not beleive what you have to say in anything......and as for me being nuts well your the one that kept the chain going......with your stupid comments........i dont have to prove shit you do you said your a know it all i want to see .........till then your a kook like the rest of them.........and i dont care if i sit in the corner by myself.......rather like it in fact.its quieter.....

and since you have nothing to beleive in not even something greater then you ......i must then conclude your a lost soul and that i was right in my conclusions of you earlier...you are a sad and lonely man....dont matter if your married or with a a man .your still a sad lonely man.........sad.......... well take care........till the paper is done.....or till you show me something of yours.......im out of here my job is done.....i want to thank everyone for going to the site.......it is good to know that ......Mars is a very hot topic and that ......Sir Charels Shults III is being taken seriously amoung many sceintist.......becasue of this string .and many others .....many good things has happend for Sir Charles....... keep it up there..... :))

again that page that started it all......... :)) the trilobite page..... enjoy :)

Reply to
Seventh Book

contentious

would have been more astute with whats what here in the news groups ......guess i was sorely Mistaken .......giving more then you had ......and as for what i have in my pocket it doesnt have anythign to do with this i said earlier i am but an observer........your the one that said you know it all not i ..........

Reply to
Seventh Book

Reply to
Seventh Book

On a sunny day (Thu, 27 May 2004 02:01:01 GMT) it happened chris wrote in :

And you becaue you bioth email and post to usenet?

Yes, but that was not on a rock, it was likeley here:

I am neither left nor right, these things mean not a lot. That does not make Bush less of a facist though. But US has a long history of genoside, starting with the indians. JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje