Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004

I must be mistaken. I thought I WAS abusing them! lol. Perhaps I'm not harsh enough.

Reply to
George

Of that, there can be no doubt.

Reply to
George

Yes, you are correct. I stand corrected! LOL :-)

Reply to
George

Sadly, there is no intelligent life on earth! lol

Reply to
George

No, I won't even try to prove you wrong. Such a ludicrous suggestion stands or falls by its own merits (or the lack thereof).

Reply to
George

On a sunny day (Fri, 21 May 2004 18:06:39 -0400) it happened "George" wrote in :

Vulcanic activioty, it was actually from NASA, so... why not complain to them. See, the water is undergound, likely covered by a frozen layer. If some changes happen, it may burst through at places. They are looking for vulcanism, some gasses in the atmosphere could come from life (plants) OR vulcansim, pick you choice, I win both ways :-) JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

What do you want, a medal?

Reply to
George

I hate to distract you from this deep philosophical discussion, but what do you think the "half-dome" or "bent pipe" formation might be in the middle, far right of the following crater picture?

Bill Smith

I hate to distract you from this deep philosophical discussion, but what do you think the "half-dome" or "bent pipe" formation might be in the middle, far left of the following crater picture?

Correction, far left side..

Bill Smith

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say "a rock."

Reply to
The Artist Formerly Known as K

Bedrock, possibly fractured from the impact which created the crater. A discussion of the composition will have to wait until JPL analyzes it, if they are able to reach it. Sorry, I don't go any farther out on limbs than that.

Reply to
George

Ah. I was going cross-eyed looking for something on the right.

Here it is from the first panorama location, about 120 degrees away, central (looking even more like a rock):

Hud Nordin

Could it be the edge of a round slab, or possibly tubular, with a slab on top. Here is another, less focused but interesting picture from apparently a similar vantage point as the picture you referenced.

Must say that almost every picture has something one whishes he could jump in and more closely examine.

Bill

--

Reply to
Bill Smith

On a sunny day (Fri, 21 May 2004 20:38:38 -0400) it happened "George" wrote in :

That will do in this case, but has to be gold. ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

How about Arsenic?

Reply to
George

On a sunny day (Sat, 22 May 2004 14:55:22 -0400) it happened "George" wrote in :

What about it? You are free to try that if losing is too much for you. You can also try 2 kg op Pu.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It is a metal, is it not?

And what, exactly, do you think I have lost?

Reply to
George

O dunno, i do not guess like you. If you lost something, place an add perhaps. Maybe it was insured ;-) Things like virginity you can only lose once, so in that case you are out of luck. Does this help you? BTW Pu is a metal. JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

And your point is?

Reply to
George

On a sunny day (Sun, 23 May 2004 16:50:17 -0400) it happened "George" wrote in :

WTF do you want with my point?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje