Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/1/n/115/1N138404940EFF2800P1986L0M1.JPG
Bedrock, possibly fractured from the impact which created the crater. A discussion of the composition will have to wait until JPL analyzes it, if they are able to reach it. Sorry, I don't go any farther out on limbs than that.

Ah. I was going cross-eyed looking for something on the right.

Here it is from the first panorama location, about 120 degrees away, central (looking even more like a rock):
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/1/p/100/1P137063231EFF2010P2353L7M1.HTML
--
Hud Nordin < snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com> Silicon Valley

Could it be the edge of a round slab, or possibly tubular, with a slab on top. Here is another, less focused but interesting picture from apparently a similar vantage point as the picture you referenced.
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/1/p/096/1P136713116EFF2002P2292R7M1.JPG
Must say that almost every picture has something one whishes he could jump in and more closely examine.
Bill
Silicon Valley
On a sunny day (Fri, 21 May 2004 20:38:38 -0400) it happened "George"

That will do in this case, but has to be gold. ;-)

How about Arsenic?
On a sunny day (Sat, 22 May 2004 14:55:22 -0400) it happened "George"

What about it? You are free to try that if losing is too much for you. You can also try 2 kg op Pu.

It is a metal, is it not?

And what, exactly, do you think I have lost?

O dunno, i do not guess like you. If you lost something, place an add perhaps. Maybe it was insured ;-) Things like virginity you can only lose once, so in that case you are out of luck. Does this help you? BTW Pu is a metal. JP

And your point is?
On a sunny day (Sun, 23 May 2004 16:50:17 -0400) it happened "George"

WTF do you want with my point?

JP. he doesnt have one ..that is why he wants it dont ya know ?

geological
not
observation
stands
them.
from
that...My word whats gotten into you? you eat something that was bad ? where is the georgy i knew??

First of all, it is rather presumptuous of you to assume that you know me. Secondly, I had nothing else to say, because one cannot argue with the mentally ill. Go take your meds.
On a sunny day (Wed, 26 May 2004 01:38:44 -0400) it happened "George"

The prob with Georgy is not only he has the same first name as GWB the loser, who cannot even ride a bike, win a war, or run an oil company, no, as does GWB, Georgy constantly resorts to making enemies by accusations that are not correct, like WMD he now accusses a poster with different views then his, of insanity. This DOES look like some neural net failure mode, but let us leave it at that, we all know this kind of behaviour, but best 2 to 1 he voted republican. Maybe it was induced by sniffing to much radio active waste while digging for trilobites. JP

Denial is not a river in Egypt. You should seek help before it is too late.

Care to make a wager on that claim? The fact is that I am a registered democrat, not that you could ever tell the difference.

So tell us some more irrational reasons why you believe that trilobites exist on Mars!
On a sunny day (Wed, 26 May 2004 12:04:46 -0400) it happened "George"

Well, if for Bush, he wil soon rename Nile, and send his boyscouts there too.

Not me. But good, it's better then republicrit.

I told you (check medium term memory system) that I know nothing of trilobites. I only objected to you insulting other posters with a different view. But alas, your view on the sanity of anyone is not worth anything, as that would require, by your own concepts, a certified shrink who actually published in a peer reviewed journal. It is a safe bet you are not. Not that I would trust one hehe. But you could ask your doctor ;-) JP

would
it was

suggestion
complain to

could come

?
me.
loser,
does
his, of

late.
too.
at
republican.
digging
exist on

trilobites.
published
Hey JP . you are right of course about his view points are rather extream and different from mine i dont begrudge him that ....what i do begrudge is his insistant knowledge of trilobites and that THEY CANNOT LIVE anywhere but ON EARTH . i would like to know what makes him so much smarter then someone else. he does have a demented brain. but we shall let that rest for now for georgy is a new and fasinating . Stupidity knows no bounds. Georgy has no concept of what balance view is.....i have atleast considered what he has said......that is a POLITE thing to do...but he will not consider anything remotly outside the norman for fear of being called a kook i wish he finds somerthing and then gets all the he put out ......what goes around comes around Georgy
Remember.........

You believe that trilobites live on Mars, and then call my views extreme? Bhwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Thanks so much. I needed a good laugh.
i would like to know what makes him so much smarter then someone

1) Nine years of college education 2) 20 years in the field 3) Published in my field (geology)
How about you?

I agree. You must have a stupidity singularity stuck in your mid-brain, as it appears to be drawing all stupidty in the universe into that very small space between your ears.

Read very carefully: There is no need for a "balanced" view as regards to your claim that trilobites exist on Mars. They do not. End of wanker story. Do you see any educated, highly trained and experienced professional geologists taking a stand with you regarding this issue? No? Well, I wonder why that is?
i have atleast considered

I have read the entire web site. I even printed it out. I needed something comical to read while relieving my bowels.
Oh my. "There are trilobites on Mars. I saw it on a Frank Zappa Album cover, dude, so it must be true"!

of
'canali'
that
like
:-)
bad
know
the
the
as
not
there
it
registered
trilobites
that
extream
is
but
laugh.
as it

space
your
Do you

taking
kook
something
cover,
your either stuck on earth with a christain slant 'omg there cant be no life elsewhere, we are it. we are the only inteligent ones there are' sad.....you know ........that your type of christian is so narrow in its view........or your just so old your closed minded about any thing remotly sugesting life out there in the stars........and that is stupid. as well as your claiming to be a published person ...i am too ....and i was intertaining the thought of sharing with you one of them but i shall not as i havent boasted about it .....and i shall not share something that is precious to me with a jerk like you. ......anyways........here is the trilobite you swear isnt on mars....... http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm and so the saga continues......does SeventhBook./ Sadler get to poor georgy baby or not........will he cointinue to take the stances against true science........and will he eat his hat and published stuff after all is said and done....?? only the shadow knows.......
<smirks>

How convenient for you. Publishing a kook blog site on the internet does not make you published in scientific journals. I could publish a web site claiming to have irrefutable evidence that Mickey Mouse has a condo on Uranus and would look ever bit the kook that you appear to be. And would be just as completely wrong.

Let me guess. Jean Paul Turdhard is your mentor, right?

First of all, la dorka, I am an aethiest. Secondly, yes I AM saying that there are no trilobites on Mars. I am also saying that it is highly unlikely that there have ever been any trilobites on Mars. My refutation of your claim has nothing to do with having a closed mind. On the contrary, the fact that you insist that it is true despite the fact that you present no reasonable, nor any substantiated evidence to support the claim, and deny the existence of reasonable and substantiated exidence against such a claim, is all the justification I need to conclude that you are a kook. The fact that it is my considered scientific opinion that there is not, nor has there ever been trilobites on Mars in no way implies that I also believe that there has never been life on Mars. Nothing could be further from the truth. The fact is, I think that there is a good possiblity that life once existed on Mars. Although the evidence is much more tenuous, there is also reason to believe that life could still exist on Mars. But that belief has nothing to do with the cold, hard fact that it is not only unlikely that trilobites exist or have ever existed on Mars, but that it is an impossibility that they exist or ever existed on Mars.