Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004

I see concretions in a sandy soil matrix. Nothing else. Is that simple enough for you?

Close up of more concretions in sandy soil. I see abrasions and pitting on the concretions. You apparently have been eating the mushrooms you are finding in the forest. Not very wise, if you don't know what species you are eating.

Abrasions and pitting on concretions in a sandy soil matrix. They call it weathering.

Reply to
George

Since I have about 1,000 trilobites in my collection, you are right. I don't see any in the picture. The biggest problem you have with your "trilobite" is that the rock this alleged fossil is "deposited" ion consists mainly of pyroxene with some plagioclase. In fact, it is a very rare meteorite called a sherghottite. It did not form in a sedimentary environment. So, if it is a trilobite, it was swimming in 2,000 degree magma before it died. Sorry, even earthbound trilobites never accomplished that feat.

You can go back to sleep now.

Reply to
George

Carlsten: The rock that his allaeged trilobite is in is a sherghottite meteorite, consisting of pysroxene and some plagioclase, with another unidentified mineral embedded in ot. Please tell him that this rock could not have fromed in a sedimentary environment, and why that cannot, therefore, be a trilobite?

Reply to
George

Since NASA doesn't have the relative intensity data for the IR filters and since they have not SHARED the spectrographic data I find their announcements HIGHLY suspect at best. And George you are assuming the whole rock is uniform ...bad assumption in fact many of their explanations are highly suspect to me ..... I havent seen any of your trilobites george i dont belvie you and if you posted pics of them i wouldnt beleive you either......as you point out Pictures cant be trusted. Even from NASA and they have for more crediblity then you will......i might be giving them ( NASA) a bit more credit then i should and george you cant prove Sir Charles Shults wrong. and insults are not technical discourse but since i have no claims to being anything other than observer i can say i want.......BITE ME

so here is the link for those of you that would like to see what this argument is about..... take a look

Seventh Book

and you are one of them George. o btw what does H stand in Jesus Christ?

See a lonely sad man......sitting on his fat ass all day.....dreaming his life away.....of what he could have been and what marvelous things he could have seen. but with eyes closed tightly and ears closed he lost that enchanted time. now he crys out and tosses out venom like a viper from his hole.

see a a trilobite on Mars ....

Reply to
Seventh Book

"> Yeah, It's amazing how many uninformed followers certain kooks can get - remember

yeah sorta like your little crew here.......all tightly bound with a thought of being better then....oh yeah.....jim jones type for sure........thanks i thought their was something very familiar......you ....

Reply to
Seventh Book

forgot to post this link......see the trilobite on mars

Seventh Book

i think maybe its up to you all to prove him wrong....that is the way the scieitific research is done under peer review........so enough of your non professional opinions on a subject you have no clue about.......till you prove to me that isnt a trilobite.......

what i cant beleive is the earth one next to it you dont beleive.........and that floors me .......go figure if this is what our scientific minds are set then i say to hang them all for hearesy.....for that is the blind leading the blind....

ok here is the trilobite site in question

Seventh Book

Pictures just don't give you enough information. There is not enough resolution. Not enough different pictures of the same thing. For all you know the "trilobyte" might disapear at another angle. Remember the famous face on mars? Taken at a different angle, at another time, there was no face. It was an illusion.

I mostly object to the word "proof". Evidence, maybe. And I'd want a whole lot more of it before I'd conclude that there was a trilobyte on Mars.

chris >

Reply to
chris

Chris I never believed in the face on mars theory nor do I believe in the pyramids either....but I do believe that there was a Cambrian period on Mars with that of earths..... that makes more sense to me. then all the other hula ba loo...well....you are asking me to prove it to you.....why do I have too? its up to you to prove Sir Charles Shutls wrong ..not me .... I believe what Sir Charles claims it makes sense.......more then any other theory out there now.......finally someone down to the facts........

here is the trilobite..

.....in question......

Reply to
Seventh Book

"George" skrev i en meddelelse news:7Gqpc.18607$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net...

snip

Don't worry George. Who on earth are they going to convince anything? And why bother to convert their beliefs? What's the word ... you can pull the horse to the trough, but you cannot force it to drink ... or something like that. By the way, I have a Cretacious flintnodule that looks like a cows-head. Doesn't that shake up the tree of evolution quite a bit? George, you've been here for too long to bother.

Carsten

Reply to
Carsten Troelsgaard

course to george which i dont think will share his seat with anyone ........i need convincing.....well even Sir Charles Shults couldnt convince me to go his way if i didnt agree with what he has done .....so much for your input now go back under the rock you troll.

Reply to
Seventh Book

On a sunny day (Sat, 15 May 2004 11:22:00 -0400) it happened "George" wrote in :

How abou the roots top right? JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Seventh Book" skrev i en meddelelse news:k8wpc.554507$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

Great, you've come to the right place. Convince!

He has done a homepage and tabulated obscure observations. I agree on that too.

I may take your guidance should I ever go deaf, dumb and blind. You've avoided to respond to my reply on your post. I'll take that as your recognition of your inferior experience in the field. Why should we take a note on your personal convictions, your political wrants and general insolence? If it's time for a therapeutic session then invite your clients into your own forum. If you are observant you should be able to spot a dog in a bowlingalley - take a look in the mirror - or contribute on geology.

Reply to
Carsten Troelsgaard

Please note that posting the same lame link over and over again despite the obvious kook content is not a good indicator that your brain is firing on all cylinders.

Reply to
George

Don't you know? Horratio?

You really should be easier on yourself. They say that intelligence runs in families. They also say that it skips a generation. So hey, I'm sure that your children will turn out sharp as tacks.

Reply to
George

Vectran Airbag fibers:

Next!

Reply to
George

So is Venus. Proximity means nothing without hard evidence. Ink blots don't prove much.

You "floor" easily.

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Reply to
George

He'd first have to try to explain why an alleged trilobite, wherever it is found, would be discovered embedded within an shergottite meteorite (bounce) which is composed of pyroxene and plagioclase (an obvious igneous rock):

George

It only makes sense to you because you have no training in geology, mineralogy, nor paleontology. Bounce is not a sedimentary rock, nor was it originally a sedmentary rock, which it would have to be if you are going to try to find for macroscopic aquatic life in it. Unfortunately for your hypothesis, it is igneous,contains pyroxene and plagioclase as the dominant mineral phases, and is identical to shergottite meteorites found in Antarctica:

I've posted this information before. You apparently must believe that JPL is conspiring to discredit you, since you've chosen to ignore it. Clue: It doesn't take the whiz kids at JPL to do that.

Reply to
George