Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004



I'm not trying to disprove life on Mars. I'm demonstrating that what you think is life isn't.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Based on what? Pictures? Are you crazy? Bring us a rock with a trilobyte. Then you have proof. Until then, you have evidence. Rather flimsy at that. Wishing for life on Mars doesn't make it so.
By the way. Is SIR George actualy a Knight? I've been wondering that.
chris in napa
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
My bad. I meant Sir Charles. Seriously. Are you really a knight?
chris in napa
chris wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Kentucky Colonel.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

IS A

i think maybe its up to you all to prove him wrong....that is the way the scieitific research is done under peer review........so enough of your non professional opinions on a subject you have no clue about.......till you prove to me that isnt a trilobite....... http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm

beleive.........and that floors me .......go figure if this is what our scientific minds are set then i say to hang them all for hearesy.....for that is the blind leading the blind....
ok here is the trilobite site in question http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Pictures just don't give you enough information. There is not enough resolution. Not enough different pictures of the same thing. For all you know the "trilobyte" might disapear at another angle. Remember the famous face on mars? Taken at a different angle, at another time, there was no face. It was an illusion.
I mostly object to the word "proof". Evidence, maybe. And I'd want a whole lot more of it before I'd conclude that there was a trilobyte on Mars.
chris in napa
Seventh Book wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Chris I never believed in the face on mars theory nor do I believe in the pyramids either....but I do believe that there was a Cambrian period on Mars with that of earths..... that makes more sense to me. then all the other hula ba loo...well....you are asking me to prove it to you.....why do I have too? its up to you to prove Sir Charles Shutls wrong ..not me .... I believe what Sir Charles claims it makes sense.......more then any other theory out there now.......finally someone down to the facts........
here is the trilobite.. http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm .....in question......
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It only makes sense to you because you have no training in geology, mineralogy, nor paleontology. Bounce is not a sedimentary rock, nor was it originally a sedmentary rock, which it would have to be if you are going to try to find for macroscopic aquatic life in it. Unfortunately for your hypothesis, it is igneous,contains pyroxene and plagioclase as the dominant mineral phases, and is identical to shergottite meteorites found in Antarctica:
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040414a.html
I've posted this information before. You apparently must believe that JPL is conspiring to discredit you, since you've chosen to ignore it. Clue: It doesn't take the whiz kids at JPL to do that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

He'd first have to try to explain why an alleged trilobite, wherever it is found, would be discovered embedded within an shergottite meteorite (bounce) which is composed of pyroxene and plagioclase (an obvious igneous rock):
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040414a/08-CS-02-Compare-B079R1_br.jpg
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040414a.html
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
George wrote:

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040414a/08-CS-02-Compare-B079R1_br.jpg
While I admire your persistence, George, you're not going to get anywhere with this guy. He'll respond to the igneous rock objection with one of the following:
a) The rock isn't really igneous -- this is just another NASA lie/conspiracy/whitewash/cover up.
b) I'm not the one who's igneous! You're the igneous one!
c) The trilobites are magical, flameproof trilobites.
Lets face it -- you might as well be arguing biblical inerrancy with a fundamentalist christian.
For the record, I've done my share of invertebrate fossil hunting (with a special emphasis on trilobites and graptolites) and Chip's "evidence" leaves me totally unimpressed.
Also, for the record, I've always found Chip's other robotics-related postings to CRM to be generally insightful and useful -- it would be nice to see him put his robotics pages back up, and lose the silly xenotech coprolite.
--
(reply to mikey at swampgas dot com -- ignore the spamtrap Reply-To)

Teleoperate a roving mobile robot from the web:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
message

is
(bounce)
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040414a/08-CS-02 - Compare-B079R1_br.jpg
For the record, I've done my share of invertebrate fossil hunting (with a special emphasis on trilobites and graptolites) and Chip's "evidence" leaves me totally unimpressed.
http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm well i know it wasnt the RAT that made that ......never touched it.......look on his site.......see what this arguement is about. seems to me that he didn't want to impress you at all or me for that matter the guy is just doing research...and he seems to know what he is talking about too like you he knows his trilobites :) ...and sharing what he has found. and I agree with it . That people agree with him seems to have started a hell of alot of noise but then child hood pissin contest never impressed me much,seems you attack people starting with Terry-Lynn and then myself. which of course I will respond with the same kind. if you want respect you need to earn it not bully people. What is it with you guys? your word isn't god. And mine isnt either thank god.
as for that rock formation how do you know what it is because NASA said so...hell if they said jump off a cliff I know you would....we havent seen any of the information regarding that rock ......I want to see it..... I know what I see and I see a trilobite :) http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm want to see something that will blow your minds.....take a look at this http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsw.htm what makes you think you know there isn't life on mars would that mean you would have to change your beliefs? yes maybe you would have too at that. most people would.. and PRIDE is a hard thing to overcome and yes Georgy insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results good to know you know that .another is let it go......cant we have just a good debate does it have to come to flaming people? why is that ? no WONDER their is WAR .....people get their dick stepped on and all heck breaks loose.that is called insanity ........ Have a good one !!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Research? This is not research. It is a kook web site, the rantings of a loser who sees exactly what he wants to see, just like in an ink blot test.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
George wrote:

And George... I'll ask you the same question I asked once before. When you come across one of those grubby people wandering around downtown muttering to themselves do you stop and argue with them?
Some of these people on usenet are seriously mentally ill. Others are just abnormally irrational. Still others are lonely losers who, being failures in the real world, create a fantasy world where they are the center of attention. In any case it makes little sense to argue with them, and often doing so only encourages them. Next thing you know they'll turn up on the radio...
Of course, I'm not suggesting you abuse them like I do (ah, but I DO enjoy it so). :-)
--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Greg Crinklaw wrote:

I'm pretty sure some of them are there already..... :) dick
--
_____________________________________
Richard I. Gibson, Gibson Consulting
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Of that, there can be no doubt.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I must be mistaken. I thought I WAS abusing them! lol. Perhaps I'm not harsh enough.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

of a

test.
you
muttering to

just
failures in

attention.
only
enjoy it

harsh
think that .....just because someone has another slant on something you think you got it all together..............you never i mean NEVER KNOW what is around the corner but you keep playing it safe dude.......that is what your good at and you will never be anymore then what you are right now.......just like georgy here......a sad man....
i think you should reconsider what you say....all of you ........for you dont have anymore clue then NASA does on shit out in space...this guy atleast has the balls to come out and say look what i found and see the reason why i think this....but not you you all play it safe and keep to your own back yards maybe your coments should be too......for as i see it you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground and that is where your heads are.....at this very moment. and if this is what the world we live is like ( for i knew it was a sad place anyways) its no wonder we have wars.....ppl like you beat down hope when you see it in someones eyes.......because you have none of your own...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What an amazing insight into the mind of a raving lunatic. You should be proud, Mr. Sadler!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

rantings
blot
When
are
so
not
even
what
what
your
heads
hope
own...
proud,
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Let me rephrase that. What an amazing insight into the mind of a raving lunatic. You should be proud, Ms. Sadler!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.