MY small Projects Site

Hi,
I'm just letting you know about my small robotics and electronics site. I'm doing projects ans posting them to the site when I manage
it. I'd like to invite all of you to come and share your experiences and let us know what you've managed to create over the years. I've managed to control an RC car from my laptop and I'm working on making autonomous robots with sensors.
You can find my site at http://ozirock.webs.com /. I hope to see you there.
Thanks, Ozirock

It looks like you have made a good start Ozirock :)
I used to interface via the parallel port using QBasic and have soldered up a couple of k8055 usb port cards which are now collecting dust until I get around to building this robot in progress. I will be using one of those little laptops to control it rather than a PIC as I am interested in vision problems which require a bit more computing power than a PIC.
It has been some time since I dabbled with the vb2005 net you are using preferring FreeBasic as a QBasic replacement.
Roborealm is no longer freeware and anyway I prefer to roll my own. I have been using the escapi.dll to grab image data and it has proved robust and simple to use. It also allows capturing images from up to four webcams.
Casey