PS/2 Keyboard frequency

This isn't quite the right group, but I thought it might just be possible that someone would be able to help me - does anyone know what frequency the
PS/2 keyboard port is refreshed at? Is it anything close to 1Khz?
Thanks.
Tom
Hi Tom.

I do not really understand what you mean by "refreshed". If you press a key, the keyboard sends a scan code to the PC (and sometimes on release too). It also receives commands from the PC, like "turn on the NUM-LOCK LED". Other than that, I think it just sits there.
Do you mean the clock rate of the data? I remember the bit period being ~40 microseconds. I found a fair amount of stuff with search engines using "ps2 keyboard protocol". I wrote some microcontroller software to talk to a PS/2 mouse, and used a keyboard for initial testing.
Jeff.
--
Jeff Shirley
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com