Re: DARPA Grand Challenge: Join Team Overbot in Silicon Valley

So did everybody sign up?
I felt the tug, but then, rethought. I am disappointed in our governments desire to offer a million dollar prize for a field of entries which will surely cost the entrants many many millions in investment and time.
Like the magazine clearning house contest: The whole sparkle of the idea chilled, when I realized the cost of all the postage to send the entries back probably exceeded the prize that was given. And the sales for their magazines must be many many multiples of the size of the prize, or they wouldn't run the contest.
As a rule, we'd all be better off, richer as a people, if we'd just stick to business, and ignored these less-than-zero-sum games.
--
Randy M. Dumse
www.newmicros.com