Re: T105 - Johnnie 5 for 2003

Well, of course, I had to take in one of the first showings of T3. One big "glorious" 2-hour chase scene :). Not a lot of plot, but no one was expecting such. The big crane scene is really cool.
T-X is pretty incredible - both machine, and flesh. Wicked right hand.
I notice the still shots of the T105 didn't really put it into proper perspective - meaning the sucker is 8 feet tall. Now, that's my idea of the ideal night-watchman.
Since everyone knows from the previous 2 movies that SkyNet becomes self-aware, and decides to terminate mankind, it won't be giving anything away to repeat it. What was rather interesting is that, as soon as this happened, it "immediately" started the job. Now, that was interesting.
- dan michaels ==========================
dan michaels wrote:

Actually, SN got a head start before control was turned over to it (don't want to spoil here, but it was SN doing the "v" thing to all the computers).
There's a problem with the whole concept...I'll be cryptic for those who haven't seen the movie yet: if SN has no "central" and is computers in dorm rooms and stuff, wouldn't the first wave of blasts destroy 99% of that? All that would be left would be a couple of Commodore 64's, or something.
New quotes:
o Talk to the hand. o I like your gun. o She'll be back.
-- Gordon Robots for Less at Budget Robotics: http://www.budgetrobotics.com/ Author: Robot Builder's Sourcebook & Robot Builder's Bonanza

You will notice - everyone - that it is Gordon and NOT me giving away parts of the movie. In general, there are a number of places where Ahnald tries to be funny and menacing at the same time, by making allusions to the previous movies, as well as the next few to come. The places where the terminators show up naked in this movie are esp humorous. Naked Lokens - the only place where her hair gets let down, wow! :)
And they figured out - after making $2 billion on the 1st two flicks - that they needed to invent a way to create never-ending sequel after sequal - up until Ahnald is about 85 years old - I can't wait for the silver-maned Terminator - with a walking cane that shoots ICBMs.
Regards my comment from last time - and framing this into the context of AI - it "is" interesting that, just as soon as SkyNet comes online, it decides the first thing to do is to wipe out the human race. And about the only "philosophical" issue in the movie is: "... no matter what you do, no matter how many CyberDynes you eliminate, SkyNet will arrive eventually ...". Those AI's are so radical. Oh well, Hollywood.
Now, I can't wait for T4 - Battle for Planet Earth. Ratz ... 7 more years.