robotic arms with gripper that can lift 2 pounds ?

Anyone know of any relatively inexpensive servo based robotic arms with = gripper that can lift 2 pounds or more ? Thanks ! JCD

Reply to
Pogo

gripper that can lift 2 pounds or more ?

Inexpensive servo based robotic arms for your 2 pounds payload,you may contact some Japanese Industrail robot manufacturer,such as kawasaki, Yoskawa.

Reply to
Bruce

with gripper that can lift 2 pounds or more ?

I should have been more clear. I meant hobby type servos. But thanks !

Reply to
Pogo

gripper that can lift 2 pounds or more ?

These are about the biggest hobby servos out there:

oz-in, $40 each

343 on-in / (2 lbs * 16 oz/lb) = 10.7 inches

=> You could build an arm with a ~9 inch max reach to lift 2lb (allowing for structure and a light gripper) using these for the vertical axes, and somewhat cheaper motors for the horizontal.

Don't know of anyone selling a prebuilt one, though. Is there much demand for one?

- Daniel

Reply to
D Herring

with gripper that can lift 2 pounds or more ?

Has possibilities! Thanks ! JCD

Reply to
Pogo

gripper that can lift 2 pounds or more ?

I'm not sure what sort of lifting you're doing (straight up and down or more complicated motions). If it's just straight up and down I would recommend a lead screw. You get alot of lifting force with very little torque required.

BRW

Reply to
BRW

Any servo can lift two pounds or even move the earth if given enough gear reduction and time. Please submit more info.

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

gripper that can lift 2 pounds or more ?

Hi,

2 pounds is around 1 kg payload. This uis quite high for an inexpensive robot. It depands what do you mean by inexpensive.

Here is a suggestion for relatively serious work: the Harmonic Arm 2 that allows you to carry up to 5 kg.

Being designed with harmonic drives, this means you can have obtain quite accurate movements.

The seller is in Ottawa, so there is no custom duty for people in North America.

LHR

Reply to
laurentien

Something like those offered by Lynxmotion, but beefier. Almost a = rhetorical question, I know. D. Herring intuited what I wanted pretty good. Thanks !

Reply to
Pogo