Solid State Relays and EMI

Which pins are you suggesting I apply it across? Input ground to output ground?

Dave

Reply to
David Harper

"David Harper" ...

Yes. The basic idea is to minimize the RF voltage occurring across the isolation barrier by shorting it with the cap. Input GND to output GND is best, to other points it might cause other EMC problems.

It _may_ help to also put a ceramic 1nF cap across the output. This lowers the RF voltage across the FETs, half of which would be present at the output side of the isolation barrier. But it will decrease the output impedance, so it's a second choice solution only.

Regards, Arie de Muynck

Reply to
Arie de Muynck

Which brings up the age-old question: Just how {anal-retentive, deliberately wrong} can one be on Usenet before crossing the line into "troll"?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Mercury-wetted?

It's OT gents.

RL

Reply to
legg

I think he meant to the common terminal (pin5), from various places in the circuit, including possibly an input drive rail.

RL

Reply to
legg

Tubes move electrons to function, semiconductors move holes to function :-).

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa