Subject Author Posted Replies

FA Hero robots
I'm cleaning out the garage. For auction is 3 Hero-1 robots plus additional boards, arms and the like....

Chip Gracey Interview
26-Jul-2008 Heard of Parallax? Then this should interest you: Don...

FA Large Tracked Robot Base
I just out up a large tracked robot base for auction. It was custom made for me, but I never really used it and it's been sitting in my garage for years. It can easily carry a 250 pound payload.
5
5

modern day equivalent of electromechanical relays ?
I'm looking for the modern day equivalent of the old electromechanical relays. I want to route power/signals from something like a motor controller to one set of motors or another, so that I can use a...
2
2

robotics school
Hello, Please let me know the industrial robotics school in Dallas Texas area, thanks !

DIY Tank Treads
Hello everyone. I was surfing the net for DIY Tank Treads and ran across this very informative page. So I am passing it on for those interested: JCDeen Track Systems - 28 June 2008
1
1

Servo Control - C#?
Hi Guys, First post on the group. Finishing up a PhD and I have been doing a lot of instrument control the past few years through .NET applications - C# primarily and recently became interested in a...
5
5

Touchscreen Interface Tester
A friend of mine is wanting to construct a touchscreen interface tester - a unit that would move around a touchscreen and activate it many thousands of times over a long period. This tests the...
8
8

AVG Version 8 Antivirus software loading web sites badly.
like user feed back finally pushed AVG into fixing the LinkScanner Issues. Are they too late? Many have already jumped ship. Cheers Don......
6
6

Problem with a robot homing procedure
Hi all, I use CRS ActiveRobot with a C# application. It is my first program in interaction with a robot and I have some questions: I tried to home the robot using the teach pendant. I followed these...

Need help with nitinol motor Bribe offered
HI All. I am developing a motor using super elastic nitinol wire and have problems. Picture at: The most frustrating problem is joining the wire together. I bought some tiny stainless steel tubing...
2
2

Giant Robots the solution to our problems?
It's not that they are beyond our power to control. It's just that they are not economically feasible. They are not practical. If we wanted to stop all the fires in California we could do it. You just...
2
2

Robotino
Stumbled across this ad while on Amazon. Sweet looking little robot package. You gotta *request* a price, though. Gotta feeling that means it will be pricey !!!!
3
3

Intel rejects Vista, and will stay with XP and wait for windows7
Just picked up on this very interesting thread/message from: Cheers Don... ====================================================== Intel rejects Vista, will stay with XP and wait for windows7 The...
15
15

clean laser printer toner from parts?
I recently tore down an old laser printer. Lots of great gears and stuff inside, but covered with toner. Anyone know of a good solvent to wash that stuff off of plastic gears without damage? Wash off...
4
4