Subject Author Posted Replies

analog inputs into a digital controller?
Suppose you're using a microcontroller that only has digital inputs (like the ARMexpress appears to be). What would be the simplest/cheapest/easiest way to measure analog signals from such a thing?...
2
2

Lego NXT MOTORS $15 each
Have 8 Accept paypal (you are safe, I am safe - I have 1,000+ PayPal feedback) Will ship to U.S. and internationally to wherever US Postal Services has Global Priority service (UK, Germany, and many...

Were might a guy buy some treads, or tread assemblies (with the wheels, etc)
I've just started on a design project, and the guy wants tank treads on his invention. Something along these lines: point here being the treads and motors - what's on top is the novel part of the...
5
5

Ann: Robotics miniFAQ
The "Robotics miniFAQ for Beginners" is a general introduction to amateur robotics that should be especially helpful to those getting started in this fascinating hobby/obsession. It contains links to...
12
12

Serial vs parallel kinematics
Where can I find a list of the (dis)advantages of serial and parallel kinematics? regards Pierre
10
10

Vex or Mindstorms NXT
I have been asked for advice for purchasing a robotics kit for Christmas for some kids. The options seem to be Vex or Mindstroms NXT...which one would you select and why? Thanks TMT
19
19

New robot can sense damage, compensate
New robot can sense damage, compensate By RANDOLPH E. SCHMID, AP Science Writer Thu Nov 16, 6:24 PM ET WASHINGTON - When people hurt a leg they can often make do by limping or using a crutch until...

3D Simulation of Robots and Manufacturing Machines
The DDD is an holistic, innovative, integrated, easy to use, open 3D environment solution. The DDD creates a simulation environment meant to reproduce robots, manufacturing machines and lines into a...

For sale NXT parts, Lego robotics, electric, train, sensors, cables (will consider all reasonable offers)
Hi, I have organized all kinds of technology camps for kids over the years and it is time to say goodbye to it - and clean up my garage, while making some money for my retirement party. Willing to let...

Mindstorm vs Mindstorm NXT
Hi, What is the difference between Mindstorm and Mindstorm NXT? My first impression from the LEGO site was the NXT is a "humanoid" robot. But maybe not. Would either be appropriate for a very bright...
2
2

Reading from different memory banks on an Acquisition control register
Hello, I am trying to update a labVIEW program that reads data from a circular buffer off a Struck SIS3300 FADC. I have two memory banks available for me to read and write data from, and I want to...

Can anyone reccomend a low-friction potentiometer?
I'd like to use some potentiometers to read the positions of output arms, but I'm finding that every pot I try takes a fair amount of force to turn. I'm building small robots, so I'm worried that...
4
4

Any simple collision detection ideas?
hello people I am trying to build a foot touch sensor mechanism for my hexapod walking robot using force sense resistors. The plan so far is to make something simple like this: As you can (hopefully)...
4
4

Sharp GP2Y0A02YK IR sensor
Hi all, I'm reading an analog signal from a Sharp IR sensor (GP2Y0A02YK) into my microcontroller. I have a few question I was hoping someone could answer: The values I get back from the sensor range...

Recommended Solder?
Greetings, Although this may seem a noobish question, I had to ask for some advice. I read that lead solder is really bad for you...so I was looking for some lead-free solder. I bought some...
4
4