2005 Estes Catalog

Let the error search begin. Let's hope we find none...

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
shreadvector

Hey, look! Page 24, a D-powered boost glider! (hopefully it works better than the 'Eagle').

David Erbas-White

shreadvector wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Speaking of gliders...I see the T25 Centurian is still there. Wonder what ever happened to the I28 Impulse?

I also wonder if the Cosmos Mariner flies well...

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

I see an error,

in 2004 the Snitch was listed as NEW.

in 2005 it's missing and distributors say it's discontinued.

silly...

Reply to
AlMax

There are a few interesting kits but alas, nothing higher than level 3.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

That IS an interesting factoid.

Presumably you would want at least ONE 4 and 5 if only to "show the capacity". I propose they rerelease the Orbital Transport and Saturn 1B :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That would be a good start.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

And would "complete the job" for the moment, say 2-3 years. Nobody is claiming they would set sales records.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, that's actually SOP for Estes. In the first year of a new kit they make a batch of them. [It used to be 20,000 minimum, don't know what it is in the WalMart age.] If they sell out during the year, they made another batch and put it in next year's catalog. If they don't sell out, the remaining kits are disposed of as E&O (excess and obsolete inventory) and the kit is dropped from the catalog.

[For those not familiar with the term, the usual handling of E&O goods at most companies is to declare a complete writeoff of the material, take the loss on the books, then attempt to sell off the remainder in any way possible - any proceeds realized from the written-off goods are effectively pure profit as far as the accountants are concerned.]
Reply to
<mark.johnson

That explains the $2.99 snitches I've seen.

Thanks Mark.

Reply to
AlMax

Where? I've yet to see a "new" snitch...

Bob Kaplow

ebay, seller is 'sell2all'. The catch is shipping is $10, and they don't combine shipping. They're the ones who were selling cases of Venus Probes and ExoSkells.

David Erbas-White

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

So they're really selling $13 Snitches. No thanks. I've still got 2-3 from last time, that I paid $4-5 each for on sale.

Bob Kaplow

There's a whole shelf full of 'em at the Hobbytown USA in Kennesaw, GA. but I didn't pay attention to what price they were.

Roy

Reply to
Roy Green

I've got 2 pictures of flying snitches in formation that I would like to send u.... but how?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz