Who and/or what is Jerry Irvine?

Reply to
hmasmmb

In article , "hmasmmb"

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
hmasmmb

hmasmmb wrote: > Who and/or what is Jerry Irvine? >

Jerry is a very knowledgeable guy, with strong opinions. He has a long history in rocketry, and a grey link to US Rockets (kits & motors). He's a fount of useful tech info. Others may have differing opinions of Jerry,and frequently drag up incidents from the distant past. I've done business with Jerry and had no problems, but have also had disagreement with him, so you get both sides of the coin here. In fairness, people either love or hate him - the polarity of opinion is that pronounced. Jerry isn't the biggest fan of TRA in the world. Recent events have forced people to re-evaluate their scorn of some of his predictions, which hasn't endeared him to them, for some reason.

Just my two penn'orth. Your mileage may vary.

G.

Reply to
Graham

Executive summary saved for posterity. This should be in the FAQ.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This is something I don't understand.

I'm tempted to say it was last year, but given my sense of time, that might well be several years ago, didn't Jerry sell off US Rockets to some guy who posted here and renounce all involvement with the company?

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

He is a Rocket DOG!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Not ALL involvement. I founded it. I am a dealer now. That is SOME involvement.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Phil Stein

SHHHHHHH, You're not supposed to remember that!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Which reminds me. Which team was I on with Dave Greyvis?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It is a specific company owned by jerry.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

What I've not seen anyone post is exactly why this is supposed to matter - and which way!

Is it supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing if Jerry does or doesn't "own the 'US Rockets' company"?

(I thought "US Rockets" was more of a brand name or product line than a specific "company" as such.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Wipe Dr. Pepper from screen and keyboard and wall and make appointment with doctor for spasms of laughter.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Joel Corwith

sorry, Jerry .. I couldn't resist! :)

- iz

hmasmmb wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

You are reference. Need I say more? 8-)

Oh & it looks like you have >>

Reply to
Phil Stein

Jerry described his business relationships in thread "Re: USR motors and TRA EX launches" on Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:21:27 -0800

at

- iz

zoot wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Very long story, but in short form he's a former/sometimes motor manufacturer/dealer/whatever who had a falling out with various business partners/associates; was kicked out of TRA; refused the requirements to be reinstated; had his motor decertified; blames TRA for anything bad that ever happens in the world of rocketry; and seemingly spends most of his time for the past several years griping about TRA online.

On the other hand, he is also very knowledgeable about many technical aspects of rocketry.

Reply to
RayDunakin