A question from an Australian nOOb

This should be in the FAQ and in the errortech business plan :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Happy new year!

"god bless you."

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I recommend you take whatever Ray says with a grain of salt

anything he says in justification of TRA actions WRT it operations and policies, its position and actions in the initiative for a legislative exemption of rocketry, or assertions about its expatriots, should be considered suspicious. Look for other sources to establish your own conclusions.

anything he says that is an admission of TRA shortcomings is most likely a gross understatement

anything he says about rocketry photography is authoritative and based on considerable his personal experience

o, and he's right about Jerry's technical expertise, but neglected to mention that Jerry is one of a handful of people who have first hand knowledge of LMR and HPR in the U.S. for a few decades past

- iz 8)

RayDunak> >

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

And look what it did to him... :)

(And I think, "it seems like he's one of the few that _survived_"...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

To quote "Dr. Franklin Kosdon":

"Jerry, you and I are like cockroaches. When rocketry is shut down by the failures of NAR and TRA, and the actions of the authorities, only you and I will be left standing."

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I recommend that anything _anyone_ says on rmr be taken with a grain of salt.

With rare exceptions, most of what is expressed here on rmr is opinions, interpretations and hearsay (yes, that includes me); and a few bits and bits of the whole story. Nearly all the incidents and accusations that are discussed here are one-sided accounts without any input from the other parties involved, which is hardly the best way to determine the truth.

For my part, I'm mostly trying to remind people that there _is_ more than one side to these stories and issues.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Yes, it is always more important to postulate a second side (be a devil's advocate) than to strive for what is actually the right and true course of action.

In reality, TRA is yet young. NAR is not a whole lot older either. But it has the added benefit of "being there first", and is the largest of the type on the planet. These can be the best associations. But they must not be afraid to address and redress where needed, and not concede freedoms for appearances.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

yes, there is the party line (or silence as denial), and then there is the truth

a case in point is the fraudulent motor certifications another case in point is the obstruction of the legislative initiative another case in point is ...

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Ok thankyou everyone for the answer to my question....now can my next statment(?) be clarified.

Tripoli Rocket Assocoiation (excuse spelling I have a virus) aka TRA rules state thou shall only fly rockets that are manufactured by (sic) "Professional Rocket engime makers" Now we do Have a TRA prefecture in Australia but I will not join because of this rule. As is the case for NRA, as I subsbribe to my own God in Richard Nakka and MMOE ( make myown everything).

So does this classify me as a Heritic whom should be burnt at the nearest launch tower or what?

Reply to
hmasmmb

I recommend that anything _anyone_ says _anywhere_ be taken with a grain of salt.

Trust.

But verify.

Zooty

( And yes, that goes for me, too. I do the best I can, but I can type something stupid at 3:30 am or misunderstand the question or simply screw up. And for all you know (well, at least most of you, anyway) I'm an agent for the Canadian government.

You DO know the Canadian government is out to take over the world?

No?

Very good! The plan is working! Bwa Ha Ha Ha! )

Reply to
zoot

In article , "hmasmmb"

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ray Dunakin spends his whole rmr life doing that with pure speculation or outright misdirection.

They currently fear any change from THEIR misguided policies even in the face of lawsuits and lawyers and consumers telling them they are wrong. That is a lot of powerful feedback to ignore.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

In article , "hmasmmb"

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

So basically your position is that everything TRA says is a lie. At least you've finally admitted your bias.

Reply to
RayDunakin

No it classifies you as a citizen of a foreign nation who is not governed by the laws of the USA. Oh, and even here the TRA rules apply to TRA launches, period. You can fly whatever you want elsewhere, as long as you comply with the laws regarding amateur or industrial launches.

Reply to
RayDunakin

there are some credible sources within TRA

but everything that is characteristically "party line" is suspect.

Ray, why do you make stuff up that people didn't say, and then act as if they said it? It's a very nasty habit :(

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

It is probably more accurate to say TRA is "lying at all times" than to say every utterance is itself a lie. There are sufficient elements of truth to suck you in Ray and while I do not consider you at all logical, I also do not consider you stupid based on our first hand contacts.

So there are tools they use to perpetuate the many alleged frauds they employ.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Hmmm. There are several of us here, that could fit that description. ; ) Randy

Reply to
Randy