Who's Who of Rocketry: Skippy Irvine?

OK I'll ask:

Who exactly is Skippy Irvine?

TED

Reply to
SCE Switch to Aux

On the off chance you are serious, do yourself a favor and killfile this thread. I asked that question once and managed to generate more traffic than I thought was possible...

Reply to
Al Gloer

Skippy = Jerry Irvine.

Due to his name causing wide spread anger and hostility it has been changed to Skippy because it just sounds so happy. :-)

Many names were considered with mixed reviews.

The made for rental movie will be out later this summer. We are still working on the title. A few we are batting around:

"Man without a Motor"

"Dude!, Where's my Cert?"

"The Passion of the Jerry"

"Skippy Come Home"

"Sit Down and Shut up!"

"Lord of the Illegal Motor Shipping Ring" Part I

We are thinking about a (2) DVD set bundled with the Flim Flam Man.

Reply to
CajunMan

I just crapped my pants laughing so hard. Too funny.

Reply to
SCE Switch to Aux

If you decide to do a book, can I compose the preface?? :) We can even call it "The Reason For The Most FAQ Input By One Person

Fred

CajunMan wrote:

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

While loathing to add to this thread or the whole poisonous atmosphere on r.m.r. these days, I have to say I'm amazed that it took this many years for JI to grow a nickname. Weird.

Scott McCrate NAR 71680 Take my advice, I'm not using it.

Reply to
Scott McCrate

Point poisonous.

What about "Just Jerry"?!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's now changed to "Just skippy".

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Nope. It's still Just Jerry

I told you so!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I don't remember where that came from--didn't you make that one? Nicknames have to be earned and appointed by a third party like in Animal House. "Your Delta Kappa Phi name is...Pinto"

Scott "Scooter McTate"...don't ask." McCrate NAR 71680

Reply to
Scott McCrate

Absolutely. It's not really a nickname if you gave it to yourself. The key point is *others* giving it to you, by the silliest means possible.

For instance, there's how this guy I work with got nicknamed "Vinnie". His real name is Frank. But, during a conversation I was having with with another cow-orker (who is of Russian extraction, and has the accent to prove it), I asked where a third cow-orker was, and he replied "Venice Beach", in a suitable accent. Since Frank was the fellow for whom I was looking's manager, the nickname "Vinnie" stuck....

- Rick "Rupert...I won't" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson