Adjusting Aerotech delays

Jerry Irvine wrote:

As normal "BIG FINE", your opinion is not relevant, but is consistent with someone who takes liberties with the truth.
Fred

No.
Dave Morey wrote:

Yes, I'm aware of that. It refers specifically to the launch system and igniter, and says nothing about the motor. The only reason that's even in the code is to keep people from using slow fuse or other time-delayed launch systems.
" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

BINGO!!!

Wait a minute here Ray. This response is reminding me of your "logic" on other matters.
Lets assume the obvious. That a device whose jurisdiction is covered by the safety code necessarily has a model rocket motor actually installed for launch.
I do not feel that is a stretch. You appparantly do.
Ray again (amusing, eh?): "and says nothing about the motor"
2-12.3: "operated so the liftoff of the rocket shall occur winthin three seconds of actuation of the launch system
--liftoff of the rocket--
I do believe that requires the action of the propellant actuated device, er, the model rocket motor.
Jerry
I apologize once again Ray for confusing you with the facts. I'm sorry, so sorry.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Sure, the liftoff does, but the code itself regulates only the launch system and igniter. That was specified in the section you deliberately cut out, as well as the heading: "Launch Systems".

Yeah, you're a sorry piece of work alright. The guy who usually twists and squirms to come up with the most liberal interpretation of the regs when it applies to himself, now twisting and squirming even harder in a futile attempt to apply the regs governing launch systems to the time it takes a motor to come up to pressure. And for what? Just to take another swipe at a perceived enemy. What a hypocrite! Especially since the motor in question was slow to light due to age (which can be an issue for any brand of motor) and you've long insisted that motor certs should never expire.

No.
The regulation restricts activities of model rocketeers.
That is not related to your perception of evil intent, which incientally is wrong.
The hypocracy is not in OBSERVERS of the law or its various enforcers (TRA and NAR included), but in the acts of those enforcers to choose a liberal interpretation for their perceived friends and a strict or even non-existent interpretation for their perceived non-friends.
It sems your fears are actually realized among YOUR friends.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

No what? Are you now saying that motor certs should expire?

That's what regulations do.

jerry, put the tube of Testors down, and take a deep, glue free breath of fresh air.
Now, don't you feel better?

See, it is actually possible for us to agree.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Liftoff yes, "As a result of the igniter and launch system", (motor working properly is assumed, unless it is a US Rockets Firestarter..(:-))

As normal "BIG FINE", your opinion is not relevant to fact, but is consistent with someone who takes liberties with the truth. "That is documented fact"..
Fred
Jerry Irvine wrote:

In general, there is no value in conversation with you; other than the limited entertainment value of your responses, "at best". Especially when you get confused and frustrated. Paid that fine yet????(:-)
Fred

Bingo! It's been 12 years since TMT delay data was made public at all. We've got no idea if the delays are right or wrong, no idea which way they are off, and for that matter ABSOLUTELY SERO CONFIDENCE THAT TMT IS ACTUALLY TESTING THE DELAYS TO MAKE SURE THEY MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS.
We do know that there are several AT model rocket reloads with delays so far off that the NAR delay designation is different from the manufacturer value. For example we have the E28-4(2) that AT claims is a 4, but tests to a 2. I've flown enougfh of them to know that the 2 number is right. But yopu can go to the NAR S&T data web pages and see exactly what each different delay tested out as. Only TMT hides this data from us, the users. I've asked for it several times, and never got it. THat is a violation of their NFPA duty to the consumer.
The problem with governments is that citizens need to keep them on a short leash; unfortunately the nature of the beast is such that governments can usually arrange it so that only they hold their own leash.

This should be in the FAQ.

This should be in the FAQ.

Poster:
1. We were talking about Aerotech by RCS not CTI or USR or "other rational" manufacturers.
2. Testing IS required to determine it. Some people do their testing at TMT.
3. The initiation sequence (BP igniter head or any igniter head) makes a HUGE difference. Not the case in consumer AT by RCS motors.
BUT AT (by RCS) motors DO have masking tape delay covers, spacer plates, no BP igniters, no head igniters, and plenty of "Leak Points"-tm.
Jerry
Welcome back to rmr.
Inconsistency between batches of chemicals. Jerry, when you made delays, did you always collect the manure from the same cow at the same time of day? Also they have to have a consistent diet. If not, that could be the problem. 8-)
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:38:11 -0400, "Anthony Cesaroni"

Given your obvious and clear expertise, I am SURE that is what it is.

I learned from the master. 8-)
http://www.pineorchardsales.com/rubyweapon/sounds/bovine.wav
shreadvector wrote:

Now to be fair, jerry does in fact, hand select the manure he uses, he also compares carefully, the consistency and bouquet of all the manure he stocks.