Aerospike successful trial

Thought this group might be interested in this...

if only Joe at Aerotech could put this into an 18-24mm case!

Reply to
Richard Hubbard

"successful trial" is a relative term. It was an aerospike. It flew. The hardware was not destroyed by the test.

It is unclear if it aerospiked sufficiently to say it was a success.

The article refers to the static but it has since flown. It produced thrust.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine wrote in news:01rocket- snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

Article on flight test:

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks for reposting the link chris. I omitted it from my post :(

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Chris sez:

Sixty foot rail? Blacksky must be making a killing these days!

Reply to
Marty Schrader

The amateur rocket guys have some seriously impressive rails when you exit the TRA childhood.

Many use trailers and hardmounts. My inventory of (available) heavy rocket towers ranges in the 12 area. There are others that have either political or sovereign firewalls.

2000 lb Big Bertha anyone?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Speaking of Blacksky, they were kind enough to donate several rails for the Plaster Blaster launch coming up this weekend.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Isn't that the something like 16 Hybrid M launch? Wacky-cool.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And, anyone who may not be quite "Rocket Scientist" enough to understand how an Aerospike actually works should check out:

Very nice site, and what a cool motor design...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Any of the folks in the photo people we'd know?

Bob Kaplow

I think two of them are RRS members.

So probably not.

Jerry