Bad PR on the fuel front.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050423/D89LCB3O0.html
The word military will not be noticed here, just the word rocket.
Chuck

Even worse is that they only talk about perclorate, which exists lots of places naturally, even in the south east.
heck, how else do you find it in the ground in the first place ?
companies don't make most chemicals out of thin air, they dig them out of the ground.
Salt peter came from caves where bat droppings collected, and got in water sources and made many of the population of those small towns not interested in having sex. the towns birth rates were very low. who should they have sued ?
;-)
Batman ;)

interested
AlMax wrote:

Is it possible my wife may have grown up in......ah......I'll shut up before I ......you know
Chuck
I guess there won't be any fireworks this year afterall....
Things are only getting worse,
JD

Maybe the government will issue an approved DVD of fireworks shows.
IF we agree to be searched "voluntarily" first.
Please?
Thank you very much.

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Note this part: "Perchlorate was little-known before 1997, when tests were developed that could detect it at lower levels than before. Soon afterward, the chemical was discovered in Rialto and found to be widespread around military bases and defense manufacturing sites."
So basically, it was never a "problem" until it became possible to detect it. So why are they getting all worked up about it? Also, how much testing did they do in other areas besides "military bases and defense manufacturing sites"? Maybe they'd find the levels are just as high elsewhere.

Nothing's ever a problem unless it can be detected ;-)
it has been found all over the country in places not near military bases etc.
some found it in the breast milk of Jersey women. They have to keep their , umm, reloads in a storage magazine.
AlMax wrote:

As I understand it, perchlorates are formed in trace quantities in nature by the action of sunlight and oxygen on chlorides...
-dave w