Be nice to Jerry thread

Jerry Irvine wrote:

I think anyone who is serious about the hobby should contribute to the legal fund either directly or through the Save Rocketry fund. Might even win something in the S.R. raffle. I am proud to say I have donated to a major rocketry group to the legal fund and also through the S.R. raffle. If I don't win anything that is absolutely fine with me. If we win the lawsuit to get the BATF off of our backs that will be satisfaction enough for me. If we don't win, won't matter as the hobby will become so regulated that I probably will have to give it up. Come on, an LEUP requirement just to have some low current igniters? Sheeee_____t! a terrorist bast__d will just use a bigger battery in their bomb!!! Makes no sense whatsoever to me. To the idiot who suggested that one of our fine altimeter/dual deployment (R) devices could be used for an airliner bomb I hope you die a thousand deaths. First off, they all detect acceleration and would never even arm in the belly of an airplane. Second off, if there was a perverse enough engineer out there who wanted to design a destructive device, they would only have to go to Mouser or Digikey to purchase the parts they would need. Thirdly, the sniffers at the airports are getting better in the detection of such explosives.
Kurt Savegnago
I think that is so dumb too, its not like they are blasting caps. I have allways made my own igniters, but I am sure if the leo's found them I would be labled a terrorist and procecuted. When there are too many laws everyone becomes a criminal!!!

Welcome to the machine.