Be nice to Jerry thread

On 26 May 2005 11:15:42 -0700, "The Rocket Scientist"
If I had one, I'd donate it to Jerry - (only if I could watch him eat
it.) 8-)
Bill looks like we're having an air show this weekend. You going?
Phil Stein wrote:

I can't make the show.
I work close to Willow Grove and have been watching the Blue Angels practice for the last few days. WOW! Awesome!
Bill Sullivan
"Well, if you're going to *have* delusions, you may as well go for the really *satisfying* ones." -- Marcus Cole

Phil Stein Fred Wallace Ray Dunakin Dave Grayvis
This is their purpose in life.

Poor Jerry

See?
I suspect a tongue in cheek troll to generate personal epithets or a flame war?
Not to insult anyone but I do enjoy reading all views on an issue even if I do not agree with it. The repartie can be very entertaining although the personal epithets get old sometimes. Glue sniffing, really. Can't you come up with something new?
I suspect Mr. Irvine desires that we all be allowed to enjoy this great hobby without interference. He would have to speak for himself on this point but I bet he would agree that my inference is valid as far as he is concerned.
As far as certain legal situations are concerned I only have one observation based on incomplete information. Uncle (ie. Uncle Sam, nee' "The Government") doesn't like to be lied to. Now I do believe that APCP propellant is relatively safe and if someone wants to keep it in their house, heck that is the best place for it. Most folks don't want their house burning down and take appropriate precautions. Look at the insurance industry. Try to get insurance on an empty house and you will pay more than if you live in it. They like the homes occupied.
Do there need to be limits? Sure, but not the totalitarian controls that will kill the hobby if the government wins the "lawsuit". The major rocketry groups can review what is in place already and make changes if need be. Personally, I see no need for an LEUP for rocketry. Yes I know the law says you need it if you are at a certain level but I do not think that is right.
I bought a kit from USR asked some general questions about some topics and Jerry gave me some very nice pointers. I believe I had a very nice experience. If I'm successful I feel inclined to share the event by email/jpegs as many rocketry purveyors seem inclined to take satisfaction at their customers triumphs. Also may lead to repeat business.:)
Perhaps I would feel different if I was personally involved in some of the situations alluded to here about certain alleged events but this is the way I see it after 9 months of involvement with rocketry again.
Let the flames begin! Kurt Savegnago
Kurt wrote:

Then jerry should sit down an hush, especially his bad mouthing of certain individuals and organizations, as what good information he may share on occasion is more often than not drownded out by the bad mouthing.

Most of us agree with what you say in principle, but unlike Jerry, we choose not to "live the life stile", as Jerry claims or alleges he does.. (:-) Your correct about uncle and not liking to be lied to; Jerry obviously didn't understand..

Understand about the kits; just happen to have a couple of them myself, even a 6" Stub: modifies it with a 75mm motor mount and added a 24" upper section and payload section for two stage deployment. No doubt the rocket will be a great performer when I get around to launching it. Gota make sure Phil is there, so he can do a review for HPR..(:-)

I would say, Jerry's involvement with those "certain alleged events" especially DOT, is a bit more than just alleged.. (;-)

No flames, Fred

You're giving Jerry to much credit. All you did was reuse SOME of the parts in his kit.
HPR is one area where Jerry and I agree on quite a few things.
Anyone care to guess how many issues of HPR have shipped so far this year? - Not you Fred, David or Kevin. Clue - there are two working days left in May.
On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:14:41 -0400, Phil Stein

One?
- Rick "Eternal Optimist" Dickinson
--
"I've always been taught that if you code an arbitrary limit, try to
make it a power of two, or at least avoid powers of ten, so people

To put it in Jerry Speak - less that two. I love that one. Jerry tells DOT that he works for a company that employs 'less than two people.'

No he cannot.

Correct.
And I have walked the walk.

But they have no compunction whatsoever about doing the lying.

No.
But cannot simply use existing exemptions.
Or make changes with REDUCTIONS in access controls on a "known safe" activity.

Point.
Jerry
Kurt,
Pleased to see your happy with the kit you received, and I do wish you the very best with your flying attempts.
Unfortunatly I once thought as you do, that all this cannot be true, but alas as soon as I joined a particular rocketry club, he got all irrational.
I guess to most folks Jeffery Dahmer was just your average nice guy, right up to the point they opened the freezer and found that a leg roast took on a new meaning.
David Wilkins wrote:

Cripes,
I didn't want to promote a firefight. Just tolerate different points of views and if one disagrees,fine. We can all get together for drinks later on like all the mother-f__k'in lawyers and rant and rave about how we lost this case and that case BUT still made a bunch of money off of the stupid assed CLIENT.
AKS

That's what Teeling's lawyer said :)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

yes, He was quoting your lawyer. :|
When are you going to pay up on your fraud judgment?
When are you going to pay that hefty (and still growing) DOT fine?
When are you going to pay back all that child support you owe.
David Wilkins wrote:

Um, gosh, I can't think of what to write.
On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:12:13 -0500, Glen Overby

Yeah. There are so many possibilities. 8-)

rmr is what YOU make it.
Don't suppose you've heard of filters? All I see in the message list is about 6 replys by you,.. and now, not any more,...
I actually commend Jerry for donating so much to the rocketry fund and I challange anyone to match that.

Impossible for a troll.
Any of many.