BSD Rocketry

This should be in the FAQ.

Perfect analogy.

Have I been saying that incessently for a decade or what???

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine

Prove it.

Seriously, I find it highly unlikely that rocketry, especially high power rocketry, would ever have as many members as the NRA. It could become more popular than it currently is, but it will always be a niche hobby.

Besides, as I pointed out, even the NRA with its millions of members, is struggling to fend off excessive regulation with only partial success -- AND they have the benefit of a specific Constitutional amendment in their favor. We have neither their numbers nor a listing in the Bill of Rights.

Reply to
RayDunakin

No. You've been incessently demanding that TRA/NAR certify your motors without having the necessary government permits for manufacture and shipping; and constantly proclaiming that everything TRA/NAR has ever done is wrong and evil; and that we should all bow down and hail you as some kind of rocket god for no discernable reason.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I have?

Bow and pray.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You cannot be reasoned with.

As Mark if he has "millions of members".

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Simular to his so called "valid DOT paperwork".. The same result; no visiable substance to either claim..

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

What they want these days is a certificate of insurance specifically listing them as a 'named insured'. That's neither cheap nor easy.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Sometimes it almost seems like they need to market themselves as offering a special oasis of permission within a backgrouund of generic prohibition... "people aren't allowed to fly rockets, except our way" seems to be taken for granted. (It's sort of like what Voltaire once said of the Catholic church: "If the devil didn't exist, they would have had to invent him.")

TRA seems to have _started_ as an escape from that sort of attitude on the part of NAR (back when "our way" was specifically limited to "Model Rocketry" as narrowly defined), but at some point it seems to have cast itself as something "just like NAR, but (hopefully) ours are bigger..."

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Is there a way to set that up under the NAR coverage?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes IIRC it is $25 and a letter.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry,

Where did you receive this information from? The reason I ask is that NAR board has taken this up as a question and are trying to find a solution, and apparently you have some newer information than I've heard?

Or, you may be mistaking what it takes for an NAR section to do such a launch (that's the current problem - a section can do it, but a 'lone ranger' can't).

David Erbas-White

Jerry Irv>>

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Probably OLDER.

I said IIRC. I seem to recall NAR did have the option to add a field owner as additional insured for $25. If that has since been cancelled I am not in that loop.

I do know such a thing is practical and common.

That is likely the case sir. Have a local section declare your site as additional insured and let them have a standing invitation to attend your launches?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Don't you mean, his arrogance is "ASStonishing?"

steve

Reply to
default

My spell checker must be screwed up. :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yup, that's us...a one man business with a day job and a family. It's a constant juggling trick, but I asked for it, and most of the time I love it.

Business is getting close to the point where some day I might be able to consider doing it full time, but not until the kids are through school. I won't ask my family to take the risk. Meanwhile, I am blessed with remarkably patient customers.

I never seem to get caught up, or to get stuff built and out the door as fast as I'd like. That's why I never charge a customer's card until the box is packed and ready for the shipping label. At least I'm not sitting on anyone's money.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt