California air regulations affect rockets and cows

snip

I agree but the problem I have with them, is not going through the proper channels to be legitimate citizens. It says something about the character of people that aren't willing to do it by the book. Why would we ever want such people being part of our country?

Randy

<randyolb

A brief history lesson is in order before I make this next point. Back when California was considering coming into the union, there was a big debate over whether or not it would be a free or slave state. In truth, California would never adopt slavery for two very key reasons. First, it was not set up for plantation type crops. Of course, had it been feasible, it could have been but this never happened due to other competing issues such as the gold strike and the war. Second, California had the Mexican. His labor was cheaper than that of a slave for a bunch or reasons. He did not have to be purchased. Nor did he have to be guarded. He never ran away and when you were through with him, you just turned him away. Age was never an issue like it was with an owned slave. If he became too old, you fired him. If he were too young, you didn't hire him. Sickness was likewise not an issue. What did it matter if the Mexican got sick? He was replaceable. Thus, you has an endless supply of cheap labor. Add to that the 200 years of social conditioning the Spanish government had imposed upon them and the spiritual fatalism that the Catholic church had imbued them with (not to mention the idea of permanent social class) and you've got the perfect worker. Cheap, available and socially static.

The above is historical reality. It is also repugnant and shameful; firstly for the Mexican for ever tolerating this system but even more so for the white men who perpetrated this injustice. At least for the Mexican, there was some nobility in the work accomplished. There was nothing to be proud of for the whites. It was an evil imposed on a weaker social group by a powerful majority and it condemned in perpetuity, millions of their descendants to the same "defacto" slavery. So while it's true, California was not a slave state under the law, it was certainly a slave state in daily reality though not protected as such by the constitution's property laws.

Fast foreword to the present. The illegals among us today are these same defacto slaves. They exist because they can be economically exploited by the upper class. Of course, in our more socially conscious world, there are social repercussions. The Mexican must have medical care and his children must have schooling. Add to that the need to contain and control the Mexican's behavior and the courts become over-burdened with cases. Fully 80 % of all drunk driving arrests in the state involve illegals. The number of domestic abuse cases is equally high. More than 40% of the prisoners in CA's high security prisons are illegals convicted of violent crime. The over-all majority of Hispanic gang members are illegals and the majority of teenage pregnancies can be traced to this same group as well. Who pays for all of this? The middle class. The rich who insist on keeping the borders open sure don't. The taxes they pay make up a much smaller proportion of their disposable income than those paid by a middle class worker. it remains, even with taxes, far cheaper to pay the illegal minimum wage than it does to pay the taxes that cover the real cost of his being in the US. The social problems associated with illegals could for the most part, be avoided by their moving up into hire income brackets. Slowing the influx across the border would also give the majority time to forcibly acculturate the Mexican. Once we train out the "peasant" mentality and we instill English language skills, they will rise in status and they will also rise in income. The end result will be that they mainstream into society and become financial and social contributors. Think about it. How many potential Einsteins are wasting away in carwashes and jails?

As bad as this is for the Mexican, it is worse for the white majority. The whole process of paying for this mess is stripping away valuable resources that could/should be devoted to societal advancement and enhancing the quality of our lives. A select few benefit from the cheap labor while the rest of us foot the bill. Add to that the none-to-subtle racisim that this whole system begets and perpetuates and the moral debasement becomes even worse. Any people who can allow this system to continue are or shortly will be, morally bankrupt. This grows like a cancer. If one can do this to a fellow human in one area of life, the barriers that protect us from exercising even greater evil upon each other grow weaker and weaker. Eventually, we adopt cruelty and inhumanity as virtues, shoot, we even find it entertaining and insist on it being packaged and presented to us in the form of music and visual media . Violence becomes dejure. And we become like the ancient Romans who became captivated by their own lusts; greed, violence and moral/sexual debauchery.

The borders must be closed and the illegals must be prevented from entering. Then we must be equally ardent in our efforts to educate and elevate their children, who by virtue of their American birth, are fully citizens of this country. All future immigration should be strictly held to a quota. These limits must be in accordance with what our social system can process and most importantly, we must insist upon complete acculturation and assimilation. There simply cannot be two moral value systems competing for recognition. If we do these things we can end this shameful practice and elevate us all. Even Mexico, once deprived of its social safety valve, will have to deal with its horrific poverty and ignorance. The ruling elite such as Vincente Fox will loose their protected racial status and the color barrier that exists in Mexico will come down.

This stuff makes me angry as hell. I hate even to talk about it because so many people are so blind to what is going on. I feel most of my words fall on deaf ears so I usually remain silent. Every once in a while though, something ticks me off enough to speak up. For some reason, this was one of those days. If you don't agree with me fine, I'm not going to argue with you. The facts remain the same though. The illegal is a de facto slave and his existence perpetuates racial and social discrimination. His existence cost us far more than he contributes and it is as hurtful to us as it is to him and his progeny.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Ironic, and sad....that it is our own modern "to the Left" political party, and its members, who are always heard talking about "the working class". It seems the concept of "high and low birth" is still alive and well, in the world in which *they* wish to live, and act as overseers.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

If you care so much, go guard the border yourself.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Sounds good to me. Get rid of the crook & the crybaby in one shot.

8-)
Reply to
Phil Stein

And someday some people who have failed to study the movement of the land mass's will see that the Pac. Plate is moving towards the Northeast, while the US Plate is moving southwest, that someday the habor city of Long Beach will be many miles inland and higher up too.

Reply to
Starlord

You know, what's equally sad is that there is a key aspect of Hispanic culture that is so easily exploited..the work ethic. Hispanic men and women work and they work hard. This fits well with the Puritan work ethic that permeates our culture. What is missing is the idea of social responsibility and delayed gratification. Centuries of unrest and revolution have taught many Hispanics that one should live for the moment. Savings and investment are impossible when the government may change in a moment's notice. Thus, if you have $100 spend it. Spend it on your friends and family because they are the only constants. Make children because they bring you happiness. The church tells them no birth control...abstain from marital relations instead. Fat chance. If the world denies you every other pleasure what remains? Ignorance of other possibilities and other potential futures is maintained by the idea that one must begin work as soon as possible and by the cultural concept of peasantry.

We are missing out on a great deal of potential societal gain here by perpetuating this system. If this love of hard work could only be coupled with education and self-restraint think of what we might accomplish together.

As yourself why Hispanics come to the US. What do they want? They want work. They want food. They want a future for their children. Sound familiar? It should. It's the thing that drove so many Europeans to these shores 100 years ago. The great "unwashed" of a century ago has become us. The same can happen to the illegals too if we can control the tide and if we devote ourselves to aculturaization and education. We are after all, made of the same genetic material and possessed of the same potential for greatness.

Reply to
Reece Talley

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY... every body else that has come to this country did it the "right" way... they waited their turn and went thru the red tape....and guess what? they even learned the english language and assimilated into out culture....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Yes indeed they are taking away the jobs of the poor white trash and black people here in KY:

Case in Point 20 years ago there were NO mexicans on any of the Bluegrass Horse Farms around here: they were populated by the eastern Ky white trash and the por inner city blacks from Lexington; who did the tobbacco planting and harvesting: poor whites and blacks... NOW all of that is done by Mexicans In Lexington City proper, the mexicans took over the west part of town and now its called Little Mexico... the poor white and blacks moved out of that area....

They have taken over most of the construction labor jobs and lawncare businesses....

And why? Because they can be hired and fired at will; they accept lower wages which benefit the farm owners; they will work 12-16 hr days in violation of labor laws; they don't complain or know their rights like citizens do,etc etc etc

And think about this:

30% of the people locked up in our prisons right now are illegal aliens... they are costing citizens billions of daollars a year to "house them"... the damage they do to our society by raping,killing,etc is inmeasurable, when all they have to do is flee back across the border were we don't even have an extradition treaty.....

and finally:

The "quality" of the people who are entering this country leave alot to be desired; I mean its not like the best and brightest of mexico and central america are coming here. And I don't want to hear any BS arguments about how they are just trying to make a better life for themselves. If they want to do that I suggest, they overthrow their corrupt government and start again down there.

Rome decayed and fell from within; the same fate awaits America.

Anybody want to see what America will look like in 25-50 years? Take a good,long,hard look at Kalifornia.

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

reece is historically accurate when he says one culture dominates and takes advantages of other cultures...its been going on since the birth of civilization.... white people just seem to be predisposed to be the cultural elite... I mean sheesh, look at the mess called Africa.....and contrary to popular believe, we are also in a cultural war or struggle with fascist islam, just as we were in a culture war with the west vs communism....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Any such repeal, or not, should be based on the merits, not the person of the moment. However, they would have stood a better chance of opening the door for Madelen Albright(sp?), than for Arnold.

Reply to
Alan Jones

I agree with 99.99% of what's been listed here but guys... some of us were here well before 1492. ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Yep. When the "open borders" folks say we need illegals to do all the dirty work at dirt-cheap wages, they are advocating abuse and exploitation.

Reply to
raydunakin

And I'd love to meet one!

TK

Reply to
TDKozan

Funny, your pictures don't LOOK like you're that old -- what are you, a vampire or something???

David "yes, I DO know what you mean" Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

ROFL... not.

You know I mean native Americans. You know, the people that were here 5000 years ago.

Consider it done.

Randy

<randyolb

Once could even take it several notches more basic and blame it on the nature of animal life. (Yes, I'm serious)

Herbivores evolved to "steal" the nutrients plants had so patiently collected; carnivores found a more concentrated source - the herbivores! So one could argue it's in our nature to take advantage of the weaker/slower/less sophisticated; to "acquire" more than we "earn." When we stop doing this, we've become truly human. Of course, the salries of CEO's and basketball players says this is unlikely any time soon.

Oh, and I don't think it has anything with being white. The other races just haven't had as good a supply of others to take advantage of.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

There are times I feel that old. : )

I've been called worse. ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Yep. I guess Ray can't grasp the concept that we are a nation of immigrants and that he is the minority.

Reply to
Phil Stein

How noble of you to stick up for the trash. In addition to being King of the Weenies, I'm wondering if you hold a position of importance with the kkk.

Reply to
Phil Stein