California air regulations affect rockets and cows

I ought to get a tax rebate due to the pollution-abatement equipment I use. (My colostomy pouch has a charcoal filter.)
Bill Sullivan
"I think so Brain, poit, but where do you stick the feather and call it macaroni?" - Pinky
Larry Curcio wrote:

message

Actually, that makes sense. I say Bill gets a rebate.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Ok, gotta ask. Exactly HOW are they going to monitor THAT? Do they have many applicants for the position of monitor?
; )
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

It's a tax.
There are meters built just for that job.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

EAFB is in California.

Welcome to Kalifornia.

But it's Fed lands and state rules do not apply. Hell, I can look out my front door and on a good sunny day see the engine test stand hills east of me. The big hybred engine tester there last month didn't make enough smoke to even know it was going on, we could just hear it's sound a bit.

Telescope Buyers FAQ

Well, yes and no. Technically, federal land is not a part of any state. State laws, from sales tax to restrictions on rockets do not apply on federal land.
IIRC Indian land is similarly blessed.
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

We were discussing the air, not the land.
Jerry
maybe somebody should invent a cow fart catcher? ya know, to catch the cow methane and then we could get some illegal aliens to "harvest" the cow fart catchers..and replace them with new ones... I didn't even know kalifornia had any cows.....poor cows...can you say MOOOOOOOOOOO?
shockie B)

shockwaveriderz wrote:

You didn't know that Ca. had any cows? Chino Ca. has like the largest concentrated dairy cow population in the USA, despite a reduction of the numbers of dairy farms over the years and urban sprawl.
But anyway, I think a system of hoses and accumulator pumps, would be a better way to go, like modern day milking machines. In fact, You could extract the methane while you were milking the cows and kill two birds with one stone.
but you would still need "portable" methane gas collectors when they are out grazing....I'm sure they don't stop farting then....
back in '66 the subdivision I lived in backed up to a dairy farm.... when the MOOO's would come and hand out near our back yard, you would sometimes get a whiff of MOO Gas.....
shockie B)

shockwaveriderz wrote:

We could just use the illegals to catch the cow farts, somewhat like a catalytic converter. Just insert the "intake" end of an illegal alien into the "output" end of the cow, and when he's full replace him with another one. There seems to be an endless supply. ;)
BTW, I read in the paper recently how the Mexican politicians are complaining about our attempts to keep illegals out of the country, which they claim shows a lack of respect for Mexico. Hey, why should anyone respect a country that actually _encourages_ millions of its citizens to illegally invade another country? Not to mention the rampant corruption.
On 27 Aug 2005 16:00:31 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Send some out here. Maybe I'll find a decent house cleaner.
We are Mexico's "safety valve", if you will, that keeps it from exploding into revolution. If they could not come here, me thinks they would clean house and start over. ....and prolly end up in even worse shape than thay are now.....
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Plus a little harsh "reality check" here. Without such people, what would happen to the housing and construction industry? Don't scream the old tired argument that they are taking away jobs from Americans... At least here in Central and South Texas....with regards to construction (housing, building, highway, etc....), and lawn-care....even the "bosses" at the sites, are "recent residents".
--

Greg Heilers
Greg Heilers wrote:

So they obviously ARE taking jobs from Americans. If the illegals weren't filling those jobs, someone else certainly would. You're not talking about picking cabbages -- unlike farm labor, construction is not something people generally spurn. If the contractors there are hiring illegals, it's because the bastards are too cheap to pay a decent wage.
In any case, there is never ANY excuse for leaving our borders open and letting anyone, from anywhere, avoid scrutiny. Secure borders are ALWAYS necessary to the safety of our nation and the preservation of our freedom -- and even moreso when we are at war with terrorists desperately seeking ways to strike at us.

snip
I agree but the problem I have with them, is not going through the proper channels to be legitimate citizens. It says something about the character of people that aren't willing to do it by the book. Why would we ever want such people being part of our country?
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
A brief history lesson is in order before I make this next point. Back when California was considering coming into the union, there was a big debate over whether or not it would be a free or slave state. In truth, California would never adopt slavery for two very key reasons. First, it was not set up for plantation type crops. Of course, had it been feasible, it could have been but this never happened due to other competing issues such as the gold strike and the war. Second, California had the Mexican. His labor was cheaper than that of a slave for a bunch or reasons. He did not have to be purchased. Nor did he have to be guarded. He never ran away and when you were through with him, you just turned him away. Age was never an issue like it was with an owned slave. If he became too old, you fired him. If he were too young, you didn't hire him. Sickness was likewise not an issue. What did it matter if the Mexican got sick? He was replaceable. Thus, you has an endless supply of cheap labor. Add to that the 200 years of social conditioning the Spanish government had imposed upon them and the spiritual fatalism that the Catholic church had imbued them with (not to mention the idea of permanent social class) and you've got the perfect worker. Cheap, available and socially static.
The above is historical reality. It is also repugnant and shameful; firstly for the Mexican for ever tolerating this system but even more so for the white men who perpetrated this injustice. At least for the Mexican, there was some nobility in the work accomplished. There was nothing to be proud of for the whites. It was an evil imposed on a weaker social group by a powerful majority and it condemned in perpetuity, millions of their descendants to the same "defacto" slavery. So while it's true, California was not a slave state under the law, it was certainly a slave state in daily reality though not protected as such by the constitution's property laws.
Fast foreword to the present. The illegals among us today are these same defacto slaves. They exist because they can be economically exploited by the upper class. Of course, in our more socially conscious world, there are social repercussions. The Mexican must have medical care and his children must have schooling. Add to that the need to contain and control the Mexican's behavior and the courts become over-burdened with cases. Fully 80 % of all drunk driving arrests in the state involve illegals. The number of domestic abuse cases is equally high. More than 40% of the prisoners in CA's high security prisons are illegals convicted of violent crime. The over-all majority of Hispanic gang members are illegals and the majority of teenage pregnancies can be traced to this same group as well. Who pays for all of this? The middle class. The rich who insist on keeping the borders open sure don't. The taxes they pay make up a much smaller proportion of their disposable income than those paid by a middle class worker. it remains, even with taxes, far cheaper to pay the illegal minimum wage than it does to pay the taxes that cover the real cost of his being in the US. The social problems associated with illegals could for the most part, be avoided by their moving up into hire income brackets. Slowing the influx across the border would also give the majority time to forcibly acculturate the Mexican. Once we train out the "peasant" mentality and we instill English language skills, they will rise in status and they will also rise in income. The end result will be that they mainstream into society and become financial and social contributors. Think about it. How many potential Einsteins are wasting away in carwashes and jails?
As bad as this is for the Mexican, it is worse for the white majority. The whole process of paying for this mess is stripping away valuable resources that could/should be devoted to societal advancement and enhancing the quality of our lives. A select few benefit from the cheap labor while the rest of us foot the bill. Add to that the none-to-subtle racisim that this whole system begets and perpetuates and the moral debasement becomes even worse. Any people who can allow this system to continue are or shortly will be, morally bankrupt. This grows like a cancer. If one can do this to a fellow human in one area of life, the barriers that protect us from exercising even greater evil upon each other grow weaker and weaker. Eventually, we adopt cruelty and inhumanity as virtues, shoot, we even find it entertaining and insist on it being packaged and presented to us in the form of music and visual media . Violence becomes dejure. And we become like the ancient Romans who became captivated by their own lusts; greed, violence and moral/sexual debauchery.
The borders must be closed and the illegals must be prevented from entering. Then we must be equally ardent in our efforts to educate and elevate their children, who by virtue of their American birth, are fully citizens of this country. All future immigration should be strictly held to a quota. These limits must be in accordance with what our social system can process and most importantly, we must insist upon complete acculturation and assimilation. There simply cannot be two moral value systems competing for recognition. If we do these things we can end this shameful practice and elevate us all. Even Mexico, once deprived of its social safety valve, will have to deal with its horrific poverty and ignorance. The ruling elite such as Vincente Fox will loose their protected racial status and the color barrier that exists in Mexico will come down.
This stuff makes me angry as hell. I hate even to talk about it because so many people are so blind to what is going on. I feel most of my words fall on deaf ears so I usually remain silent. Every once in a while though, something ticks me off enough to speak up. For some reason, this was one of those days. If you don't agree with me fine, I'm not going to argue with you. The facts remain the same though. The illegal is a de facto slave and his existence perpetuates racial and social discrimination. His existence cost us far more than he contributes and it is as hurtful to us as it is to him and his progeny.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Reece Talley wrote:

Ironic, and sad....that it is our own modern "to the Left" political party, and its members, who are always heard talking about "the working class". It seems the concept of "high and low birth" is still alive and well, in the world in which *they* wish to live, and act as overseers.
--

Greg Heilers