California air regulations affect rockets and cows

This reminded me of an article I read recently that left me slack-jawed (and bear in mind that the writer was serious, not being 'funny').

The article was about highly-paid CEOs in low-performing companies. One line (when talking about CEO's who earned, let's say, $4,000,000 annually), "Who do these guys think they are? Movie stars??? What do they DO to justify these outrageous salaries???"

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Yea but not everyone came here knowing English and it takes a little time to learn.

Culture? Weather you are assimilated into 'our' culture depends on what part of town you're in and which part you came from. None of this stuff is something you know immediately.

I agree with this concept but I'm realistic enough to not expect it to happen for a while after someone immigrates. I think that in many cases this didn't ever happen with first generation immigrants.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I don't have a problem with legal immigrants. The people sneaking in illegally are the danger.

8
Reply to
raydunakin

another "troll" response from Phil "cyberstalker" Stein...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Our government is as inept at controlling immegration as they are at controlling explosives - know what I mean.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Another bite from from troll bait King of the Weenies and elistest from the sex lube state (KY)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Lookee what " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" said!

Not harmed? Have you ever been near a cow when it farts? Ewwww!

:-)

"Initiating the 'getting the hell out of here' maneuver"

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Lookee what Dave Grayvis said!

Static or dynamometer tests?

And I'd love to see how they hook up the sensors. "Initiating the 'getting the hell out of here' maneuver"

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Or my wife's uncle's school roomate: Henry Kissinger.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

...Who once attended the Hollywood premiere of a Kevin Bacon movie? :)

Reply to
raydunakin

Hey, I seen a Kevin Bacon movie! I guess that's almost like meeting Henry himself. :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I once had breakfast with a guy named Kevin Henry. We had bacon. Does this count?

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

We don't need no stinkin illegals to do our dirty work, just lots of cheap robots. ;)

Reply to
Alan Jones

Ya' got Me beat!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yeah, but the cheap robots are made in mexico.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Kevin Bacon was in The Breakfast Club?

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

And, about a week after being placed into service, will be joining unions...

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

I ought to get a tax rebate due to the pollution-abatement equipment I use. (My colostomy pouch has a charcoal filter.)

Bill Sullivan

"I th> Why only cows? Why not everyone?

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

While I admire the rosy sentiment, Reece, I have to fault you on a few historic details. Many of the Irish who "emigrated" in the 19th century were, in fact, transported. That was a common punishment given to Irish guilty of the crime of being poor in time of famine. The Irish who survived the trip on the coffin ships (there was no economic incentive for the captain of a coffin ship to ensure the continued health of his human cargo) had to take jobs other immigrants had the luxury of turning down. Many jobs were closed to the Irish. "No Irish Need Apply" was often posted on hiring notices. The railroads were built on the backs of Irish transportees. Coal miners were largely transported Irish.

This doesn't excuse the exploitation of the Hispanic one bit, Reece, but don't delude yourself with the idea that European immigrants all came voluntarily. They came here because they had no other choice. And unlike the Mexicans, they had no way of easily getting back to their homeland.

Bill Sullivan

"I think so Brain, poit, but where do you stick the feather and call it macaroni?" - Pinky

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Actually, that makes sense. I say Bill gets a rebate.

Randy

<randyolb