California air regulations affect rockets and cows

Weren't just a few of those R.R. workers Chinese?

Maybe they were from Eastern Ireland. ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Remember they met in the middle - the whole "Golden Spike" thing.

How about "The Fighting Irish"?

Oh well, back to rocket stuff....

-Fred Shecter

shreadvector

My Great Grandfather was one of these. Helping dig the Wabash & Erie Canal by hand. Then went on to help biuld the railroads. When my Grandfather went into the nursing home I brought home a child hood treasure, his work bench. Now it is not much but full of great memories. In one of the drawers much to my surprise was a box with a Smith and wesson 32. Now my Grandfather was dead set against guns. Shortly after he called and wanted to get this gun back and give it to the police. I asked about it and was told his father was so scared to come home at night from the rail yards that he carried it for protection. I still have that pistol and will pass it and the story onto my son.

Dennis

"The Rocket Scientist" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
D&JWatkins

I didn't go into all of that because it was off the point. I'm pretty well versed in the history of immigration though and what you say is indeed, correct. I did not mean to imply that past European immigrants were all voluntary. Sorry if it came across that way.

Reply to
Reece Talley

No apologies needed, sir.

Truth to tell, I'm quite pleased that my great-grandfather decided to emigrate from Bantry. (He came voluntarily.) Despite its many blemishes, America has been good to me and I am proud to be an American.

Bill Sullivan

"Well, I think so Brain, but I can't memorize a whole opera in Yiddish." - Pinky

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

All they have to do is run Maria as Pres and have Arnie as "first terminator".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We were discussing the air, not the land.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Simply false. "Illegal aliens" have been common for over a century.

This issue was exasperated by the simple facts that Mexican immigration is so convenient, that some walk less distance to work than a typical Californian drives to work.

In addition they are socially acceptable (much like pot is in CA), and are offered jobs easily and are eager to work.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, no, no. The people of California are exasperated.

The issue was 'exacerbated'...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

But they're political opposites.

You do know why Maria married The Terminator? To breed bullet proof Kennedys.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

It's usenet. I am sloppy on spelling.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's why they might actually get elected.

Remember the story about Americans of "average intelligence".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I thought Ted solved that problem by growing a layer of protective fat.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Get a computer with a spell checker. Oh wait, that won't work, you spelled "exasperated" correctly.

Poor sloppy jerry.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I can picture Arnold in foreign trade negotiations, smoking up a storm eager to move on to the light saber phase of negotiations.

Reply to
Alan Jones

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

Reply to