Certifying HPR with NAR and/or Tripoli

Not invented here.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I don't have the old original rules handy. But you're correct that it was fly a G to get premission to fly H, fly an H to get permission for I, and fly an I to get permission for J. The initial implementation stopped there. When it opened up it went to the 3-tier cert we have today, and TRA simultaneously changed their fly anything, get certified for everything policy to the same three tier process.

But I'm pretty sure that there were enough grandfathered TRA members in the NAR that there was no shortage of members for the initial process.

That I *DO* have the answer to, at least the first half. The first NAR certified rocketeer was Roy Green.

Bob Kaplow

Just got home from the regular 665 monthly meeting and found out that we are now officially also Tripoli 81. Adding the prefecture should allow us to offer just about everything from mini motor flights through level 3 to our members, up to and including EX.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

So, you're only going as small as mini-motors? You're excluding the micro-max guys? Sheesh....

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Also if you certify with either NAR,CAR or TRA then you can launch at your cert. level at launches in the UK when you join as a tempory UKRA member.

Unfortunately we don't have the altitude ceilings you guys do or the down range (which is why I love coming over to launch on your side of the pond) but it would be nice to see some of you guys at our launches.

If you get in touch early enough it can be arranged to make you all legal in getting motors as well, that is if the manufacturers ever manage to get the CE marked.

Cath Bashford MARS flight crew -

UKRA L3 RSO -
TRA-UK L3 (Prefect) -

bfo

there at least 2 times this year. I would love to watch a launch in the UK.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

The main active clubs are:

EARS - East Anglia:

- Liverpool:
- South West:
Star RG - Yorkshire:
Knights - Midlands:
For a complete listing try:
The main events to look out for are:

Big EARS - May UKRA - June BK Flamer - July Canterbury Cup - August? K-LOB - September

+monthly launches at most clubs

HTH

Where abouts will you be when you come over?

Reply to
Niall Oswald

What's near Epsom or Surry ?

Reply to
AlMax

High Wycombe which is west of London.

Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I think SERFS and CROCK would probably be the closest -

is listed for SERFS.

may help you

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Us, active? Not last year In a recent debate we tried to decide how many launches we had held last year. It was a number between 0 & 1 :(

IRW August Bank Holiday

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I knew I was missing one!