Christmas Lights to fire ejection charge

Hey Guys, Do any of you have an alternative method to using the shrinkwrap method for the christmas light ejection charges?
Anyone tried the sandwich bag approach with a christmas light instead of an E-match?
Thanks in Advance, Charles
Just about any containment setup should work. My Ejection Canisters are pretty simple.
Two things to consider. First, some Christmas tree lights have shunts so that one burned out bulb doesn't kill all the bulbs. Make sure yours don't have the shunts or they will show continuity even if the filament is broken. Second, check resistance. I have each filament connected to an ohmmeter while I'm assembling Ejection Canisters, and if the resistance varies a lot during the assembly process I throw out the filament. When it's done I write the resistance on the outside of the Canister so it can be checked before flight.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com

Use ematches. They are MUCH cheaper than a new rocket.