CSXT Data

It will be interesting to see the data and the equipmentg used to generate the flight data. A lot of equipment cuts out during a high G flight so what was used and what worked will be of interest to a large audience of rocketeers. Other than the Trimble GPS system, I am not aware of any GPS system what will function at the speeds the rocket was moving. It will be interesting to see how many g's the rocket pulled. The telemetry data should prove fascinating. Unfortunatly, CSXT doesn't go into much detai, yetl. I hope it is updated with specs and data relatively soon.

Reply to
Arnold Roquerre

I would suggest that the main use of GPS is not in the assent, but in determination of peak altitude and for recovery. Given this fact, most GPS would work as they will re-lock on after the rocket has slowed down enough. The high res data you would want during during assent would be best taken from an on board inertial nav system.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

This should be in the FAQ.

I have said this before.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I only mentioned the Trimble unit because I know it has been used in rockets flown commercially and militarily. The fact that it was desinged to take high gs, vibration and function under low pressure is usefull information. The more we all learn what works the better off the amateur rocket community is. I have seen many payloads used in sounding rockets and in military rockets, but not too many from amateur groups that have flown successfully to high altitudes. Rather that reinvent the wheel, rocketeers can use sites like rmr in addition to stress management to actually learn. I noticed your bay was all metal, or at least it seems that way from the jpeg online. Is this preferable to using wood? Also, if the equipment used was off the shelf items sold by Black Sky, Gee Whiz that would be of interest. Was a M.A.D. unit used or would the spin of the rocket cause problems?

I know you plan to do a write up in Tripoli's publication, but a lot of amateur rocketeers do not subscribe to the magazine for a myriad of reasons. It would be nice if your articles find there way into Sport Rocketry and Extreme Rocketry which has a large base and, I believe is even finding homes in magazine racks around the country - consistency in publishing does wonders for circulation. Lots and lots of kids read Sport Rocketry and something like your article would really help to inspire them.

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Roquerre

:)