Decal Hints

I bought an Orbital Transport about 3 years ago. I built it to hang up recently. I finished the kit, looked great, went to put on the decals, and the damn decals won't come off the sheet without ripping. Anyone have suggestions for getting decals off easier? They are really thin, and yes I used warm water and tried it the way the instructions said.

-Booms

Reply to
Booms

Look for a product by MicroScale, that is a "clear decal film". Brush a coat of this onto the decal sheet, before using them. It will toughen them up. It is a very popular product these days, with the plethora of ALPS and laser printed decals available (and the thin-ness of typical decal films these days).

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Greg is absolutely correct and I would go one step further and tell you to also get Microscale's Micro Set and Micro Sol. Use the Liquid Decal Film to toughen up the decal. Use Micro Set when applying the decals (this helps with adhesion) and then apply Micro Sol which softens the decals and helps them conform to the surface better. If you follow this process the decals will look like they melted into the paint.

NOTE: This is for water slide decals only and the Microscale products can be found at most hobby stores.

Reply to
Bruce Sexton

Thanks guys!

-Booms

Reply to
Booms

Do you know if Microscale products are available at Hobby Lobby?

-Booms

Reply to
Booms

Don't have a Hobby Lobby near me but if they carry model trains they probably do -- give them a call.

Reply to
Bruce Sexton