Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery......

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or flat ripoff you decide...
Estes new kit.....
http://www.calpolydbf.com/images/EST2145.jpg
Our Lil Johnny
http://www.newtons3rdrocketry.com/littlejohnnyrocket2.jpg
N3 wrote:

Except for the TP it's a dead ringer......too bad they don't make a motor the thing will fly on worth a damn. Maybe they will be selling repackaged AT motors as their own too. What a bunch of dirtbags.
Chuck
That is a really crappy thing to do.
What a bunch of turds.

What was the inspiration for your kit? Was it the full scale version from LDRS a few years ago? Could they have been inspired by that instead of yours?
I'm asking that in sincerity. When I first saw the Estes announcement, my first thought was of the one at LDRS.
Doug

I'd contact a lawyer.....pronto. If the situation were reversed, they'd be all over you.
Mike Fisher Binder Design http://binderdesign.com
Our inspiration preceeded Ky's attempt at flying the full scale one by at least a year, got the idea while waiting for the facilities at XPRS... I am not the kind of guy that runs whining to a lawyer so I just take it as it is and will move on, but it just SEEMED kinda a slimey thing to do... OH well...............
Binder Design wrote:

You may want to contact a lawyer anyway. If nothing else but to point out that YOU had the design first. Otherwise you may get a call from THEIR lawyer telling you to stop copying them. Seriously. You need to protect your rights even if you're not looking for damages.
N3 wrote:

Did'nt that happen with the Fat Boy ?

Didn't someone try to sue Estes over the Fat Boy Rocket ?

Welcome to the world of rocketry. RDH8