EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS

"Wedge Oldham" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Ouch! My wallet hurts just thinking about that!

Too bad I'm not closer... the BBII is one of my favorite rockets.

Reply to
David W.

Glad to see you're feeling up to getting back behind the keyboard!

-Kev> My "BIG" project ...

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

----------

I have one in the pot... I better go check on it.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Don't be sorry. We wasted enough time and energy on OT politics. I, for one, will take a moratorium on political discussions for the near future. As for projects:

  1. I just finished rebuilding a 5.38" V-2 that I bought as a wreck in an ROL Auction a few months back.
2.I am finishing up a 2.6" stretch V-2 with a 29mm motor mount that I reinforced by putting a phenolic coupler in the BT. This technique works great. I have an Estes Phoenix that was built that way and routinely flies on I357's.
  1. I'm also in the process of trying to decide fin patterns for a 3" mailing tube rocket that is using one of those egg-shaped air fresheners as the nosecone. The slotted middle makes a cool appearing nosecone.
  2. I'm building a coffee creamer oddroc, using one of those slick new plastic bowling pin-like containers.
  3. I'm redesigning the subframe for my full-scale FTBOD in order to shed some weight and accomodate a 42" long, 100mm Hybrid "M" motor. Instead of building the subframe with a series of concentric rings like the original, I'm going to use 4 vertically-oriented stepped plywood pieces that will start at the top and attach to the ringfin at the bottom. A couple of horizontal rings will also be used to solidify the structure.

As you've probably already guessed, I'm a multi-tasker. I can't just work on one project and see it through to completion before starting another one.

Mark Simpson

So, your "big project" is getting better so that you can build and fly some big projects. Take it easy and don't try to do too much, too soon. Coming from a bloodline with notoriously quirky tickers, I've seen what happens when one tries to overdo it. Speedy recovery,

Mark Simpson

This project will fly at BALLS (Black Rock Desert, Nevada) next year. Come on down, I could use a hand lifting it.

Reply to
Wedge Oldham

Anyone have any Kit Bashing ideas for an AT Wart-Hog ?

Picked one up at Hobby Lobby for $19.00

------------------------------------- Jim Chambers

------------- NAR 80299 L1

------------------------------------- F.A.R.T. Friendly American Rocket Technologies Friendly American Rocket Team

------------------------------------ Because of my Meds...I'm not responsible for the contents of this E-mail

------------------------------------

Reply to
Jim Chambers

Insert into trash can and get a LOC Legacy?

Build with no thrust ring or through hole blocks and fly with a USR

29-360-BK (0.5 sec).

It can handle it no prob too.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, I did a rather simple one. I picked one up a while ago at the HL half price sale. Finally built it this spring/summer. I left off the extra rings and conduit thingies, and just built a 4FNC version. Then after looking at the name a while it just sort of came to me:

WartHog WartHog Wart Hog Wart Hog Wart Hog Wart Hog Wart HogWart HogWart

So I painted it gold and covered it with Harry Potter stickers. HogWart and it's cousin the Golden Snitch flew at NARAM on F20-4 and C6-0 respectively. There's a picture of the Hogwart on either Chris and/or Craig's NARAM site.

Bob Kaplow

Yow. Good luck, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Reply to
RayDunakin

You'll be wanting one of these then:

Looks like it'll be a very nice addition to the Airfix kit, bit on the pricey side though :-0

G. UKRA #1264 L2

Reply to
Graham

I'm just starting on my Level 2 project for next spring. A 2.3X upscale of the Estes Pathfinder. 4" to 3" and 8 feet long. I'm going with a PML

54/39/29 Extended Kwik Switch Motor mount and CPR System. Should be able to fly it on I's through K's.
Reply to
Darrell Smith

Switch to a USR 2.6 inch interchange mount (3x29mm + all the Kwick Switch-tm mounts you want to add) or USR 3.0 inch interchange mount (4x29mm + all the Kwick Switch-tm mounts you want to add).

Just Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You're right. I delete a lot of the OT and POL stuff and "sometimes" there is little left.

I'm in the process of building 2 PML kits. The Little and the big Lunar Express. Great kits.I plan to use these kits for CAR level 2 and

3 certifications. I don't love shaping G10. I'm taking all the precautions but YECCHH! I'm nearly finished a 12" Art Applewhite Saucer. That should fly on a Cesaroni G79SS on the 31st. Paint only required on a BBIVBAL.(
for details.) I just need to paint a LOC Nuke Pro Max, Estes Silver Comet, LOC Aura, TLP Maverick, Estes Honest John and a few scratch kits. Painting is my bottle neck every time.

Len B

Reply to
Len Bryan

It's funny that you find it necessary to attack me. I've never proposed that my motors are anything better than "experimental". I do it purely for the fun and education of it.

Who's being a troll now?

Reply to
Darren Wright

Since we agree with each other, why pick a fight? I assume this makes us best friends again.

Let's fly rockets.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Whoa! That'll be awesome!!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Is there something wrong with making a 6 inch P, or is that just morbid rocket geek humor? :)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Morbid geek humor and let's face it, an inordinate number of "TRA member" P's explode/dissassemble interestingly.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I have identified 48 distinct SRM failure modes. Plenty of them are seen in EX motors, and exponentially more in big-ass EX motors.

So when I say people should buy mine I am not being egocentric. I am making a helpful suggestion, expecially considering the price I charge.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine