Need technical drawings

Does anyone out there know of any websites where I can find technical drawings online of the Russian R-7 booster. I'm sure I could find it in "Rockets of the World" but being an unemployed teenager I'm a bit broke and most likely will not have much cash for a while so I can't purchase the book in my current situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure someone on this newsgroup can point me in the right direction. Randy D Co-Prez, SoJARS

Reply to
NeoF14

Just out of curiosity, which particular vehicle are you looking for?

There were some really nice drawings of the Vostok vehicle in the May/June 2001 Sport Rocketry. NAR may have some back issues available, or a club member might be willing to part with a copy, provided you leave a kidney as collateral. ;O)

"NeoF14" wrote:

Reply to
BB

My copy is from the Phoenix public library system. I know teenagers can't be seen in a 'library', but they might have an online catalog and you could have mom pick it up? ;)

How about second best thing, search the web. Yahoo, 'Russian r-7 drawing'.

513 hits. 2-3 seconds. Wanna know what the very first hit has?.....

I wouldn't be razzin ya so much if it was a bit tougher to find like determining where the SA-2 booster separates. Luckily I couldn't sleep one night and found it round 3am.

No thanks are necessary, but you must post a photo when it's completed. :)

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

This guy was peddling a set of drawings awhile back. Dunno if he still does, or not. I did get a look at a few shots of the drawings, and they appear to be pretty decent...

FWIW...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

I'll have you know that the FIRST place I looked was the public library, and that they know me by name there! (although I do live in a somewhat small town) But my library doesn't have much in the area of rockets and rocketry related materials so I just posted here to see what I could get.

Randy D Co-Prez, SoJARS

Reply to
NeoF14

Dude chill, I was just joshing :)

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Fortunately Pete Alway put those particular drawing on the Saturn Press web site...

Darren J Longhorn

Sorry, didn't mean to seem like I was freaking out, I was merely pointing out that just because I'm a teenager that doesn't mean I'm a complete stranger to the library. Randy D Co-Prez, SoJARS

Reply to
NeoF14

Please do.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Randy, which R-7 are you going to tackle?

Reply to
BB

I'm not exactly sure which one I'll go with just yet. The booster itself is pretty much the exact same thing on each different type of R-7, it's just a matter of a different nosecone.

Randy D Co-Prez, SoJARS

Reply to
NeoF14