Model Rockets Good News

Model Rocket news from around the country

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

And you've totaly MISSED the large Model Rocketry event that'll take place Oct.28 on Mojave Spaceport where a whole lot of rockets built by school kids will be flown.

Starlord

snip

Thanks for the links, I enjoyed them all.

Randy

<randyolb

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

Sadly, the launch listed in the Greeley Trib article didn't happen due to technical difficulties. Next year for sure!

Thanks for all the links.

TK

Reply to
TDKozan

Bravo!

Whats's yer poison? I only have stogies and brew :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Hi TK: Could you elaborate on "technical difficulties", please? I'm starting to help the local Boy Scouts and Civil Air Patrol cadets with their rocket launches. I'm happy to get any "lessons learned" about hosting group events. Thanks! Will

TDKozan wrote: ...

Will Marchant

The launch went fine. It was just the one big project that was cannceled.

My advice:

Make sure that the equipment is in good order, clips cleaned, launch rods straight, etc.

Have a person (or persons) assigned to help the new fliers. Most first-timers do just fine, but ocassionally one needs lots of extra help.

" Will Marchant Oct 22, 4:30 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets From: Will Marchant - Find messages by this author Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:30:12 GMT Local: Sat, Oct 22 2005 4:30 am Subject: Technical difficulties? [was Re: Model Rockets Good News] Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Hi TK: Could you elaborate on "technical difficulties", please? I'm starting to help the local Boy Scouts and Civil Air Patrol cadets with their rocket launches. I'm happy to get any "lessons learned" about hosting group events. Thanks! Will

TDKozan wrote:

Jim

What Jim said much better than I could. I didn't check the NCRocketry website and was doing other (not nearly as fun) things on the day of the launch but the only mention in the Gnarly Trombone was that the biggie was scrubbed.

TK

Reply to
TDKozan