Model Rockets Good News

Model Rocket news from around the country
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-orscientist1305oct13,0,1973326.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-orange
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20051001/NEWS/110010059
http://www.laramieboomerang.com/news/more.asp?StoryID 4144
http://www.alamogordonews.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archived5&num 72
http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/LOCAL/210160320/1078/news
shockie B)
And you've totaly MISSED the large Model Rocketry event that'll take place Oct.28 on Mojave Spaceport where a whole lot of rockets built by school kids will be flown.
www.desertnews.com

Telescope Buyers FAQ

snip
Thanks for the links, I enjoyed them all.
Randy www.vernarockets.com
http://school.discovery.com/sciencefaircentral/dysc/finalists/profiles/gosal_anudeep.html
shockie B)

shockwaveriderz wrote:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-orscientist1305oct13,0,1973326.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-orange

http://www.alamogordonews.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archived5&num 72

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/LOCAL/210160320/1078/news

Sadly, the launch listed in the Greeley Trib article didn't happen due to technical difficulties. Next year for sure!
Thanks for all the links.
TK
--
Cogito ergo bibo

Hi TK: Could you elaborate on "technical difficulties", please? I'm starting to help the local Boy Scouts and Civil Air Patrol cadets with their rocket launches. I'm happy to get any "lessons learned" about hosting group events. Thanks!     Will
TDKozan wrote: ...

Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L2
The launch went fine. It was just the one big project that was cannceled.
http://www.ncrocketry.org /
My advice:
Make sure that the equipment is in good order, clips cleaned, launch rods straight, etc.
Have a person (or persons) assigned to help the new fliers. Most first-timers do just fine, but ocassionally one needs lots of extra help.
" Will Marchant Oct 22, 4:30 am show options
Newsgroups: rec.models.rockets
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:30:12 GMT Local: Sat, Oct 22 2005 4:30 am Subject: Technical difficulties? [was Re: Model Rockets Good News] Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse
Hi TK: Could you elaborate on "technical difficulties", please? I'm starting to help the local Boy Scouts and Civil Air Patrol cadets with their rocket launches. I'm happy to get any "lessons learned" about hosting group events. Thanks! Will
TDKozan wrote:

Will Marchant wrote:

What Jim said much better than I could. I didn't check the NCRocketry website and was doing other (not nearly as fun) things on the day of the launch but the only mention in the Gnarly Trombone was that the biggie was scrubbed.
TK
--
Cogito ergo bibo

shockwaveriderz wrote:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-orscientist1305oct13,0,1973326.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-orange

http://www.alamogordonews.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archived5&num 72

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/LOCAL/210160320/1078/news

Bravo!
Whats's yer poison? I only have stogies and brew :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75