Comet Model News

I found a great item recently, for those like me who come from the balsa flying model era. Hannan's Hanger is selling a DVD of Comet Model News. This is a compilation of movies made by/for the old Comet Model and Supply Company. The movies are silent, but have accompaning voiceover and background music. Got to see a young Carl Goldberg launching his freeflight designs in the late thirties and early forties, many other neat scenes. There are basically two videos on the disk- each about 25 minutes. The first is a bit about the history of the company and is the stuff I showed above. The second shows a kid building a Comet kit (I think something referred to it as an Aeronca, but sure looked like a Stinson Reliant to me. I don't have the URL for the Hanger handy, but I'm sure a google on Hannan's Hanger will bring it up. The disk is twenty bucks plus shipping. I'm not connected with HH in any way, but I sure enjoyed this disk.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Whoops- mistake, it is Hannan's Runway, not Hanger, and URL is;

Don Stauffer in Minnesota