Hybrids

Any helpful hints\info?

Interested in NOS type... looking to build upper class M.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Chuck RudyThanks for the links, Chuck...

I've decided on the RattWords brand... a great motor, an upper M class and inexpensive! Good profile, 100lb avg thrust.

Now, I hate to bother you and the group again...

But... the 2.5" diameter, six foot length is a bit of a problem. Somewhat 'non-standard'.

I'd like to use the motor as the body, and just strap on some fins, a nose cone and parachute, an electronics compartment (so I can take measurements and find the sucker)... and be done with it.

Shooting for 30,000 feet or so...

Has anyone flown this before?

------

Mark wrote:

Any helpful hints\info?Interested in NOS type... looking to build upper class M.Thanks in advance.Mark

start there, packages at

if you need a launching system

more info at
Chuck

Reply to
Mark

You could do a minimum-diameter rocket for the RATT Works M out of 2.5 tubing. Or you could mold a fiberglass fin unit to slide down over the motor casing itself and rest against the rear closure. Dave Griffith has made some beautiful little closures for his 29mm motors that are intended for this sort of thing: a rear closure/boattail and a forward closure with a knurled section onto which you could epoxy the forward section of the rocket. Don't know if there are any plans for similar pieces for the 2.5 inch motors, though.

Whatever way you go, you won't regret getting the RATT Works motors. They aren't engineering, they're jewelry.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

Who sells 2.5" tubing?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Public Missiles and LOC both have a "2.5 inch" size - actual ID is given as 2.56 in.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

"Fun regardless" sums hybrids up perfectly.

You bet I'll be at NARAM. I can at least show you a 38mm hybrid G motor as well as the 22mm motors you've seen before.

Hey, I enjoyed your camera rocket article in SR. Wish I had the time to put together something like that.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt