Exclusive Deals

Chris Eilbeck wrote:

wouldn't.
So basically you're saying that the only reason you won't buy it locally is because you don't want to. If that's the case, why are you whining about it? It's your own choice.

I supose it could be something people on your side of the pond moan about. "Freedom of Choice" Just because as i and others don't want to buy from a particular retailer dosn't mean we don't want to buy the product. Having exclusive deals restricts sales as well as purchase. I would if able buy from other UK retailers there are several. Or if i coose direct from the US. At the moment with a good exchange rate for us purchases can be made from the US even including shipping substantialy cheaper at times than here in the UK.
I want to be able to choose where i buy from not be forced into buying from one particular dealer.
Damian
--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO

Ray, sometimes I wonder about you.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

What if the 'local dealer' happens to appear intent on denigrating the UK rocketry scene - calling RSO's 'bully boys' then refusing to either substantiate the comment or apologise for it? What if the 'local dealer' appears intent on putting the other UK dealers out of business rather than cooperate? What if the 'local dealer' makes publicly disparaging comments about the organisation whose insurance backs the UKRA? What if the 'local dealer' has deliberately alienated himself and his company from a large number of HPR fliers in the UK?
Whose fault is it then that a large number of UK HPR fliers wish to cut out this link in their trade?
It's a pity that the majority of UK fliers are so 'reserved' in what's posted on UTR & RMR, otherwise the full story behind what's going on might become clear. Unfortunately, it would appear that anyone who happens to provide an alternative, reality-based version of events where said vendor has been involved is immediately threatened (via a third party) with legal action by said vendor. Long live freedom of speech and trade, huh?
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk

TRA member?
IEAS.org

Form a "co-op" to ween folks from the dealer? Need help? Seriously.

Not in this industry!

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Couldn't comment, I'm afraid.

Most of us do to get hold of stuff from the US.
Thanks for the offer though :-)
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk
Graham wrote:

the
er
dealer'
if
cut
where
Hmm, a dealer who denigrates RSOs and publically disparages hobby orgs, is uncooperative, deliberately alienates everyone else in the hobby, and threatens to sue whenever someone states the real facts... Hey Jerry, when did you move to the UK?? ;)
If the manufacturer won't ship to you, maybe one of his US dealers will?
/
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Jerry didn't, but I guess given your antipathy towards Jerry, a good illustration of Damian's point would be if Jerry were to have an exclusive deal on some kit you wanted and the mfr in the UK wouldn't sell to the US except via Jerry. See where most of us are coming from?
Except I've dealt with Jerry, and found him to be a decent guy to deal with.
YMMV, but that's my experience. No flames, please.
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk
Graham wrote:

cts...
good
from?
I've bought from Jerry before, and I'd do it again if he had something I wanted that I couldn't get elsewhere.

And then you would have the exact same experience with me I have with tripoli.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, explain your above statement.

Not quite. Some people like Jerry :)
--
Colin MacLaren

UKRA #1283 RSO L2
Init 6 wrote:

So it sounds like this dealer that y'all don't like to deal with makes the bad rumours about Jerry come true...
-dave w
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:01:29 GMT, David Weinshenker

That's unusual. Jerry usually takes care of that himself. 8-)

Those that interact with me anywhere free of rmr noise.
That's alot of folks.
I've never dealt with Jerry but on TRF he seems a reasonable guy and I like the sound of his payment terms - you can't get shafted that way, and it puts paid to some of the flaming of him. Pay up front and you can get shafted - can't say more at the moment.
It seems a number of UK fliers have bought direct from Jerry and had exemplary service.
Hope you aren't going to get flamed on UTR Jerry.
Dave UKRA L1 #1287

I just expect it now and am happy when it DOESN't happen.
The attackers follow me around.
TRF. :)
Copy this memo to them.
Jerry

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Don't flatter yourself.

You were kicked off TRF because you refused to abide by their terms of service.

Hey Jerry - why don't you leave for a few years and see how many follow you.
writes:

Well, you ay have a locak dealer that's a jerk, and a US manufacturer with an exclusive agreement with them. So bypass both and order from a US dealer that will ship to the UK.
I just ordered something that I can get locally but is made in France from an internet dealer in OZ. And regularly order US products from Canadian web vendors.
... One nation under surveillance, divisive, with liberty and justice for none.