Exclusive Deals

wrote:

I don't know, how fast is your propelling pencil?

Touche

That probably depends on the time of day. 8-)

Doesn't it describe the lime pickle in the Agra? ;)
--
Niall Oswald
================================

Translation please. I understand hypergolic and know what a lime and a pickle is. Don't know about lime pickels or Agra or what happens when you mix them.

The Agra is an indian restaurant near Pete's farm in Lincolnshire, home of UKRA HQ and the UKRA and KLOB launch events. Various groups of uk rocketry people have been frequenting it at such events for the best part of a decade now, and their potent lime pickle has acquired something of a reputation. Being the newcomer that I am, I had to sample some, and can testify that 'hypergolic' is a good description!
--
Niall Oswald
================================
snipped-for-privacy@rocketryonline.com wrote:
Baby with bathwater aurguement warning:

1. Ananecdotal sample of folks say "many" dislike him with a "passion".
That's how.
Are they universally representative? I dunno.
But THEY seem to think so based on "multiple contacts in multiple clubs".
So on your above theory I bet you coauld find a wide sampling of folks who dislike me based on rmr translated rep alone.
But deal with only customers and you get a polar opposite view.
Hence why rmr is bash alone. It is not representative of reality. You are leading the way.
I do not think there was ever a claim the relationship between Pratt and Levin was strained, just the spokes of the wheel eminating from there.
Personally I wish "we could just all get along."

Just to add my bit, I have recently placed and recieved orders from several overseas dealers - WCH, AeroPack, Commonwealth Displays, AeroSleeves, PML and Aerocon.
In one case I had to explain why I was unhappy going to the 'official' UK dealer for a product I wanted, but other than that all of the companies I have ordered from have had no issue with selling direct to me.
I can particularly recommend AeroPack direct sales - shipping is $6 (a bit more than 3 quid) from the states, takes 5 days and when you factor in the exhange rate... :)
The way I see it is that since rocketry is a niche market, few small companies are going to refuse your money!
--
Niall Oswald
================================

Pity not all dealers feel the same way
<CONTENT FROM EMAIL? Deepsky is my exclusive distributor in the UK and Europe, and I'm not going to violate the agreement. I've never had cause to regret dealing with him. Right now I don't have any American dealers with GO Boxes in stock but if you're ordering from one you could ask him if he's willing to get one.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com
</END CONTENT>
--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO
Damian Burrin wrote:

David Weinshenker wrote:

Got it in one. Manufacturers need to be careful that the distributors don't damage "their" reputation with poor customer service. People tend to hold grudges for a long time.
--
Colin MacLaren

UKRA #1283 RSO L2
David Weinshenker wrote:

I agree, especially when an "exclusive" agreement is the only way to get a dealer to carry the product.