Extreme Rocketry has lost its mojo....

That should be WHINE.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yep, I've seen Extreme Rocketry at a hobby shop...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

But it has content. I might not always find it interesting or of use but it's a quality well balanced magazine.

The shinny interview magazine (90%) with only 5% rocket tech and 5% ads/editorial? Flipping through several recent issues showed me nothing has changed since I dropped it. At $8, I almost had to laugh. Maybe it's because I don't read 'People' magazine either.....

Joel.

Are there any plans to get the comic book back into hobby shops?

Reply to
Joel Corwith

So does a phone book, but it still looks boring. Cramming stuff into every inch of space IS more efficient, but it's not good design.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Now if you can just figure out how to use the TP after you're done puzzling over the pictures.

Reply to
fishhead

So write some articles and take some photos of the extreme project(s) you or someone you know is working on and submit.

I bet you'd get them published.

--Jon

Reply to
CoolRuehle

Reply to
Roy Green

Hey Digger, The love flows both ways. I could embrace model rocketry if the model rocketry boys would embrace HPR and EX. Unfortunately NAR does not tolerate of EX. And after attending NARAM last year, and given the treatment of being a second class citizen for doing HPR....

Reply to
James Dean Cory, D.C.

Ouch, that's a bummer... I've never run into anything like that in California: the NAR launches generally have some big pads in the back for the "high power" stuff (field space permitting), and Tripoli launches put up a front row of smaller pads for "the Estes stuff".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Obviously it's a situation that needs to be addressed by all rocketeers. I suggest that you e-mail Bunny about it, and I'm pretty positive, he may very well issue a statement through his column in the NAR newsletter on how we both need mutual respect.

I do know that efforts are being made by NAR to better support HPR interests amongst its members. The latest being HPR support at NSL 2005. Posted on ROL from Trip Barber:

The NAR is pleased to announce that the 2005 NAR National Sport Launch will be held on May 6-8, 2005 at the Plaster City East Recreation Area west of El Centro, CA. NSL 2005 will be hosted by the Diego Area Rocketry Team (DART) Section #317 with Mike Jerauld as Event Director. There will be the usual California "M" power limit on individual motors, and the usual 25Kft waiver for this launch site, which is the site used for the "Plaster Blaster" launches. Until a website is established, you can reach the Event Director at , or (619) 276-6238.

-Digger

Reply to
Digger

SR is a bit TOO "crammed" edge-to-edge in my book. Brent likes a little more sparse look. I'd like something in the middle.

Yep, as does ER. Some mistakes still make it through, but the editing has improved.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Thanks, guys, I appreciate your kind words.

Peter Alway

Saturn Press PO Box 3709 Ann Arbor, MI 48106-3709

scale data at:

PeteAlway

Hmmm... Lack of response is less than ideal. No idea why he's not responding to you.

Thanks for the suggestions; some good ones in there I hadn't thought of, and agreement on one or two I had.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

As has been said several times, SR publishes what it gets. Including all the HPR stuff it can. If you want to see more HPR in SpRockets, submit HPR articles!

Bob Kaplow

Pete your an extreme to me in the best sense. Thanks for all the data building three from the books now.

Reply to
nitram578

How do you mean 'second class citizen?' Please explain.

Reply to
<mark.johnson

Aerobee 300 two staged. Titan IIIC pod booster staged. Wac Corporal staged. all relitively simple except the staging parts (nervous LOL) but am a gonna try. The Aerobee 300 was always a favorite Estes kit and want to make one as original, and a D to C scale and then a J to I scale? he he he I hope my wife/minister of finance doesn't read this.

Reply to
nitram578

You may consider yourself the "Word of Reason," but I consider you the "Word of Rude." Nuff said.

Scott McCrate NAR 71680

Reply to
Scott McCrate

I wish it did, too. Pardon, your slip is showing....

- Rick "Grammar" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Ever since I bought my copy of "Scale Bash" I leave a dish of milk by my build table at night, and in the morning a little Tomahawk or Doorknob appears. Thanks, Peter. -Braz

Reply to
elbraz