Fill n Finish vs Dope vs Kilz

My old supply of cheap Dutch Boy acrylic lacquer primer is gone It was great stuff, fast sanding, filled fins after only a couple of coats, and most of all, cheap! Did I mention cheap?

I've been using Elmer's Fill n Finish for the last couple of rockets. It works fairly well, but I'm always in search of the better mousetrap.

I'm thinking about trying a couple other avenues on the next couple of rockets. I have some Airplane Dope for sealing around my RC plane fuel tanks (forgot I still had some), and a can of Kilz white primer that the wife picked up for me.

How do you rank these three in terms of ease of sanding, drying time to sanding, resistance to dings, etc?

tim

Reply to
Tim

I've used the sand and seal dope for most of my rockets and love the fast dry time. Easy to sand, as well. I've even used it to fill in the gouges that sometimes comes on the Estes fins. I've used the white primmer and had too many coats to suit me, just to fill the grain.

Just my experiences.

John Hornsby

"
Reply to