[history] MR-LMR-HPR-?

Was 399 of that from the iPod?

Reply to
Phil Stein

ok jerry whatever.. I have the HSE application guide sitting here in front of me and that's what it says....

perhaps you will inform me as to what CE marking for civil explosives results in? shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I bet it begins with Big and ends with Fine.

Reply to
Phil Stein

ATF says there is no exemption.

raydunakin

No propaganda, just my own reasoned judgement.

As bad as their regs are, in some ways they have it better than we do. As I understand, the permits are cheaper and easier to obtain, and the storage regs are much less harsh.

So what? Model rocketry is kid stuff. It's no replacement for high power.

That's how the hobby started.

Or we could throw the facists out and take back our government.=20

=CB=87

Reply to
raydunakin

ray: you gonna have to explain this one to me:

"That's how the hobby started."

How did this hobby start with black market motors?

lets see.. orville carlise hand made the first "commerical motors".... and then when supply could not keep up with demand, they were made 1st by Brown Manufacturing and then Estes....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

motors"....

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant High Power Rocketry, not modrocs. In the beginning, HPR was largely a renegade activity. If everyone had waited for it to become completely legal, we'd still be waiting today and HPR would not exist.

Reply to
raydunakin

agreed.

It is akin to getting an overnight parking permit from the police. (Suburban CA areas sometimes ban overnight parking).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Where is Brown Manufacturing today?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Permission to imprint the product with CE indicia and offer for consumer sale in europe and other areas.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Fixated.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

80/20
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I don't know where Brown Mfg. is today..they probably do not exist as they were actually a fireworks manufacturer. and its my understanding that the rocket motors they were producing were prone to "cato" so G.Harry approached estes or vice versa and the rest is history as they say...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

No, adults made their rocket motors mostly legally and flew rockets before MR.

Like you saw on october sky by the way.

problem was kids did too, like you saw on october sky, and many blew up causing problems.

Model Rocketry (tm) was a business started to keep kids from blowing them selves up and worked real well, even to this day.

Adults still built un regulated and generaly in most places legal rockets, known as armature rocketry (tm)

they got heads butting with MR due to MR advertising AR as bad and evil causing AR to get looked at as bad.

most AR went and ignored the MR so they could do as they pleased.

Some MR folks made larger MR motors, like Irv and FSI etc..

That got many young MR safe and sane scientists getting the taste for needing even larger motors for their experiments.

FSI and Enerjets were not large enough.

Green motors appeared at gatherings and conventions and those in the know got them.

Experiments continued and larger rocket built on MR techniques rather then AR techniques appeared.

Really this was still AR, but using MR style AP motors and Rockets.

MR folks didn't like it and Who flew the ""G" started.

To keep that from getting branded as evil, a group got together and formed a corporation that had legal exemption on the then current and only NFPA 1122 and used the name of an old 1964 science club. It was legal and working.

Soon, this band of folks were being called "biker rocketry" by some hand wringers.

many in the NAR went to the new club to fly large rockets and motors and have access to larger payloads.

the NAR saw this and understood they too must embrace larger motors, or they would be left with just the contest rocket base for adult memberships.

this is the cliff notes of the first three chapters in the triolgy.

Reply to
AlMax

A lot of details left out and a strong regional bias (North central), but this should be in the FAQ.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Poor jerry doesn't like the reputation that he cultivated for himself.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Ummm, that doesn't matter.

Reply to
Oh brother

Fixated.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe it's all that money that you owe Me.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Shite happens when you 'Live the Life.' Right 'Big FIne?'

Reply to
Phil Stein