In orbit!!!

Congratulations to NASA and Godspeed, Discovery.

Cool video from external tank camera.

Reply to
Gary

Yeah, That was awesome!

Take that, estes oracle.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

SHHHH!!! You're not supposed to let folks know that's what NASA used!!!

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Why am I suddenly reminded of that old quip "Never forget your rifle was made by the lowest bidder" ? ;-)

Chuck D.

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

No doubt the real video was from a Moose (tm) Cam...

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

1522 GMT (11:22 a.m. EDT)

An image from the external tank video shows the chunk of debris breaking away from the tank just after the solid boosters separated. See the image here:

Wayne Johnson

and your parachute!

Reply to
nitram578

made by the lowest bidder" ? ;-)

That's why I always recommend to beginners to toss those plastic Estes chutes ASAP in favor of anything else. In my personal stash they're mostly LOC chutes or SkyAngle right now.

Chuck D. Making a rocket related post because it's overdue.