Laser printed dry-transfer decals?

I know I'm losing my mind, but I could have sworn I either read in a
forum or got an email today about a "system" that would allow you to
print dry-transfer decals (including white) with a laser printer.
Anybody know what I'm referring to?
Reply to
Bruce Sexton
Instead of lasers (and color lasers are real expensive!) why not use epson printers with durabrite ink? its waterproof too...
Reply to
Tai Fu
Color lasers have come *way* down in the last year or so. You can get a basic HP2550L for under $400, and the full-blown networked (2550n) one with supplementary paper tray for under $600. 600x600dpi; 20ppm B&W; 4ppm color; parallel, USB, and network ports; runs on PC or Mac. Got one a c ouple of months ago, and it works great!
Reply to
Anonymous
Keep in mind guys that if you use an inkjet you still have to have a color copier to copy it to use this system.
You still have to use the system because inkjets or lasers cannot print white
You could always put the file you want on a disk, and take the disk and paper to your local office supply store and have them print it if it is a one time shot
Reply to
Charles
Keep in mind guys that if you use an inkjet you still have to have a color copier to copy it to use this system.
You still have to use the system because inkjets or lasers cannot print white
You could always put the file you want on a disk, and take the disk and paper to your local office supply store and have them print it if it is a one time shot
Reply to
Charles
What that describes is like buying a side of beef, processing it yourself.... just for a hamburger.
Tango Papa, still just $10 per sheet. ; )
Randy

<randyolb
Not too bad - the black runs about $79 (5000 page), the colors are around $75 or $95 (2000 page/4000 page high capacity). Each is separate, and loads into a sort of revolving cylinder. For a low-cost color laser it does pretty well, but it is rather noisy as it rotates the toner cartridges into position.
This one replaced an old GCC BLP-Elite that I bought in 1992 - it was the first laser printer that listed for under $1000, and lasted me through many years of good service.
Reply to
Anonymous
Well, yeah, if decals are all you are doing then it makes no sense. If you only need some specific things I agree that Tango Papa is the way to go; he does a fantastic job for the price!
Reply to
Anonymous
So would that be two toner cartridges? One for black and one for the colors? Years ago it used to one black and three for the colors.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Reply to
the notorious t-e-d
ASP has decal printing paper
for ink jet with both clear and white background.
Charles wrote: ...
Will Marchant
Think about white lettering for a rocket's name. White block on a dark blue rocket.
Now think about printing that on: - White paper. - A clear decal.
You would have to cut out each letter from the white sheet to have white letters if you don't have white ink. If you can print white, you print it to the clear decal and slap it on the rocket.
Problem is it's not just letters. Sometimes you want white in a logo which has open areas. Now you have to cut out the open areas if you don't have white ink.
Reply to
To hot to bother
The web site wasn't real clear on how you use the foil and white transfers. Is it white only or color only? Can you have a color decal with white in one pass?
Anyone actually used the stuff?
You can get the foil (and maybe white) at any decent office supply store. Just print the page, then run the paper with the foil on top through the printer again to stick the foil to the paper. You then peal off the foil carrier and you have metallic printing from the laser printer. Do this with clear peal and stick label material and you have a self adhesive decal. Put another label over it to protect the foil.
Reply to
Wayne Johnson
you still cant print white with color laser so....
10 US dollar is alot in taiwan for this kind of service though (a photo print generally runs for 15NT per photo, thats about 50 cents per photo (4x6 that is))
Reply to
Tai Fu

Site Timeline