Laser printed dry-transfer decals?

At least you didn't purchase the PLP. It was a SCSI printer that used Apple's QuickDraw to print and still you had to change the EP magazine constantly at $145.00 a pop. I thought the BLP had the same EP issue.

Mike S

Reply to
Mike Siedle

I used 2 EP cartidges through the life of the printer. Many thousands of pages. I did 'burn' the EP with sunlight not too lone before we decided to retire it , so there was a constant smudge in one corner, but it usually went away by the second page or so, so I had a 'cover' page that I'd print first if I needed anything that looked really good.

The BLP-Elite was a Postscript printer. The only real limitation I saw was that I didn't hjave enough memory to print large jobs, but I could usually break it up into smaller batches and run it. I was very happy with the printer. I had the fuser go out, and whe I took it to the local "authorized" repair center they wound up giving me a loaner for several months while they tried to figure it out. By the time I got it back from them they decided it needed a fuser, logic board, and that it had a bent frame, and they wanted over $900 to repair it. I shipped it to GCC and they fixed anything that was really needed (the fuser) for a flat $200, then it worked great for the next 5 years.

Reply to
Anonymous