LDRS Report - Day 3

Reply to
Phil Stein

The farmer wasn't close when he was doing the baling. When he started loading bales onto the semi trailer, it looked like he was 75 to 100 feet from the main pads.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I was there. With all due respect, I suggest you get your eyes checked.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Why do either when there is an unbroken group available?

Bob Kaplow

Why change anything when there is a broken group to join!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

EX. Seriously. I am seeing lots of EX activity here in Texas. The Amarillo and Austin groups as well as one of the Houston groups are all into it. And the old Tripoli North Texas is being reformed with that intent.

I don't have any particular hunger for it, but I am convinced that APCP is probably the best of all worlds when it comes to homemade motors. It has good Isp, it ages well, and most importantly, it can be made safely without needing a bomb shelter.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Exactly.

Yes... they were having problems with the rain.

Doug

Reply to
Rocketweb

Marcus

Glad to have met you.....I appreciated Todd Moore making the intro, if things hadn't been moving along so fast I would have liked to take some time to sit and chat.....someday

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Mark

I didn't know you bailed.....I had to give all those TastyKakes to a bunch of appreciative kids who replaced dinner with creme filled cupcakes, tandytakes and apple pies.........

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Valid point. I have no iterest in EX. If I did, I think it would be hybrid.

Bob Kaplow

According to Rhhickok :

While we don't have all of the details of everything, and we were only there from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday, the closest thing I saw/heard about something like that was a bird that cruise-missiled on Monday (it was Monday, not Tuesday, right?) and straight-lined along the flight line directly towards the college at no more than a hundred feet or so.

Lots of people muttered about it landing in Geneseo at the time. But that was because their view was obstructed by the registration tents.

Nope. It stayed within the field and skipped a few times in the dirt, didn't even make it to the tree line at the bottom of the slope up towards the town. Many hundreds of yards short of the highway.

I have some pictures of it taking its abrupt turn, my son has video of some of it too.

Listened on FRS to the guy who had gone out to recover it asking for instructions on how to get his truck out to pick up the bits without trampling someone's crop.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

According to Chuck Mies :

There was both bales and unbaled hay on the ground. They were forecasting rain for Sunday, he had zero choice but to be out there baling. Big area, took him a long time.

Don't know why he wasn't able to do it earlier, but with the forecasts, he had no choice but to go out with the hay on the ground.

Most of what we saw was hauling bales a very long way out - he was usually much farther way from the pads than we were.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

According to Marcus Leech :

Mustn't forget "operates old age home for geriatric sheep".

Heh.

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Actually, the last "old 'un" passed away this winter, leaving a flock of 4 relatively-young sheep.

So, yes, add "shepherd" to the list...

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Having run the "Far Away Cell" all day Saturday, I can attest to Doug's response. Several times during the day I held launch count until the AG workers and their equipment were clear of the pad area and were at a safe distance. In addition, the positioning of the launch rails assured, most all recovery of rockets, from the far away cell, were recovered north of the pads and in the field, parallel to the runway, well away from the AG workers, (with few exceptions). No one using the the "far away cell" complained, that I'm aware of.

Fred Wallace

Reply to
WallaceF